Help - need to unlock treo 650

Last response: in Network Providers
May 6, 2005 11:39:52 AM

Does anyone know who can do this for me?

Thanks
Peter

More about : unlock treo 650

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:09:53 PM

In article <1115390392.399575.259710@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
fragrance2003@gmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone know who can do this for me?
>
> Thanks
> Peter

If its a Cingular Treo 650 that you have on a Cingular plan, call 611
and tell them you're going to Europe, and would like the phone unlocked .
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 1:24:52 PM

In article <jzwick3-CE19CE.10095206052005@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

> In article <1115390392.399575.259710@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> fragrance2003@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know who can do this for me?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Peter
>
> If its a Cingular Treo 650 that you have on a Cingular plan, call 611
> and tell them you're going to Europe, and would like the phone unlocked .

Will Cingular do this? I've heard that after the merger, Cingular has
adopted ATT's "no unlock" policy.

Has anyone here actually done this?
May 8, 2005 2:12:49 PM

> In article <1115390392.399575.259710@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> fragrance2003@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know who can do this for me?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Peter
>
> If its a Cingular Treo 650 that you have on a Cingular plan, call 611
> and tell them you're going to Europe, and would like the phone unlocked .

Glad to see that someone who portrays himself as so knowledgeable and
upstanding promotes lying.

What else do you lie about, trollboy? MAybe everything else you say?
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 4:24:16 PM

In article <gabley-1ABE04.09245207052005@news.supernews.com>,
Yazzan Gable <gabley@titans.org> wrote:

> In article <jzwick3-CE19CE.10095206052005@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
> Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <1115390392.399575.259710@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > fragrance2003@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know who can do this for me?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Peter
> >
> > If its a Cingular Treo 650 that you have on a Cingular plan, call 611
> > and tell them you're going to Europe, and would like the phone unlocked .
>
> Will Cingular do this? I've heard that after the merger, Cingular has
> adopted ATT's "no unlock" policy.
>
> Has anyone here actually done this?

They won't unlock it, if you don't call.
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 4:24:17 PM

I have never had Cingualar unlock a phone.

Chip

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <gabley-1ABE04.09245207052005@news.supernews.com>,
> Yazzan Gable <gabley@titans.org> wrote:
>

>>In article <jzwick3-CE19CE.10095206052005@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
>> Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>>If its a Cingular Treo 650 that you have on a Cingular plan, call 611
>>>and tell them you're going to Europe, and would like the phone unlocked .
>>
>>Will Cingular do this? I've heard that after the merger, Cingular has
>>adopted ATT's "no unlock" policy.
>>
>>Has anyone here actually done this?
>

> They won't unlock it, if you don't call.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 6:19:04 PM

In article <117sd2udt86k1c7@corp.supernews.com>,
Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:

> I have never had Cingualar unlock a phone.

Others have. I guess you dont frequent this newsgroup.

i.e.

Fester
Dec 1 2004, 2:34am
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.cingular
From: "Fester" <raven_w...@homeDOT.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:34:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Unlocking phones

I travel to the UK almost every summer this year I took my V400 with me
when I called CS they gave me a few options but I took what my cousin
suggested and had it UNLOCKED and I used a prepaid sim card to unlock
it was easy

> Chip
>
> Jack Zwick wrote:
> > In article <gabley-1ABE04.09245207052005@news.supernews.com>,
> > Yazzan Gable <gabley@titans.org> wrote:

> >>Will Cingular do this? I've heard that after the merger, Cingular has
> >>adopted ATT's "no unlock" policy.
> >>
> >>Has anyone here actually done this?
> >

> > They won't unlock it, if you don't call.
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:48:01 AM

I purchased a locked 650 from PalmOne a month ago (upgrading from a
600). I called Cingular on Friday for an unlock code. Today I received
it. I DO travel overseas occasionally, but there were very few, if any,
questions asked. I don't see a problem with embellishing on the truth to
get Cingular to expedite their processing. I've been a Cingular customer
for about 6 years now, and I know from experience (with refunds, service
activations, equipment repair & return, etc) that their wheels can turn
VERY slowly unless you give them some kind of deadline.

--
Louis Block video/audio technician
San Francisco Bay Area