• Power Supplies
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 29, 2011 4:22:10 AM

Hello all,

Re: Refurbished PC CLICKING!

My recently refurbished 2nd hand Gigabyte Ga-M61SME-S2 motherboard now has new 4Gb DDR 800, new x2 Tb Sata 2 drives, new Corsair CX430 powersupply and new HIS 5770 Radeon video card which is 'CLICKING' on start up approximately 10 times before stabilising.

It did not have this CLICKING problem prior to all the upgrades...it settles down and runs silently after 10 'clicks' at start up and at the same time the lights on the unit blink in unison and the CPU fan speeds up, slows down, speeds up etc until it settles. Finally when turning off, it clicks once.

I have attempted to get close and diagnose by removing and replacing every component one by one with no luck!...

Any feedback on this would be of great assistance - thanks!...

RN

More about : gigabyte motherboard problems

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2011 3:03:01 PM

Are you sure it's the video card and not the HDD? Roll a paper and listen the various components.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 93 V Motherboard
April 29, 2011 11:48:26 PM

unplug the harddrives power and then turn on the pc, if the clicking stops its one of (or both) the HDD's which is what I suspect also.
m
l
April 30, 2011 12:20:25 AM

mosox said:
Are you sure it's the video card and not the HDD? Roll a paper and listen the various components.

Hi and thanks for your reply!...

I didnt explain too clearly - I dont know what it is at all...I am only guessing!

I have unplugged each component step by step and no luck as yet...

I will try listening with the rolled up paper and see if I can isolate the source...

Thanks again...

RN
m
l
!