Just about to order computer parts - need to confirm compatibility

Hi

I am just about to order the following parts to put together a computer with and I need confirmation that it will work. I already have two samsung spinpoint 500GB hard drives that I'm going to be putting in raid 0, and an optical drive.

The parts are as follows:

Case - Thermaltake Element S

Power Supply - Corsair HX-650 (650 watt modular psu)

Motherboard - Asus M4A89GTD PRO

Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

RAM - Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHX ( 4GB of PC-10600 XMP DDR3 memory )

So will those parts all work flawlessly together? If you have any concerns please say so because as I said I'm just about to order the parts for a big amount of money for a teenager..

A few more details/questions..
I was going to get 1600mhz ram but since it isn't listed as compatible in the motherboards specs, I decided to play it safe.

I DO have a video card. In fact I have two laying around to choose from - an ATI 3450 or a nvidia 7600GT. Which is better do you reakon? One of those or just use the integrated?
I know the video cards are crappy. But don't worry, when I can afford it I'm going to get a 6850.. But until then I just won't play games.

Also, if I put both of the cards in the pci express slots, could I run three monitors?

Thanks heaps guys :)

Dylan
3 answers Last reply
More about just order computer parts confirm compatibility
  1. should work together just fine, for now, I'd say the 4250 built in gpu is as good as either discrete model, and will run 2 monitors
  2. Okay sweet. But what about RAM? I'm a little worried somethings going ro go wrong with timings or something, because look around on google, everyones complaining abou ram problems... Is it easy to fix though? If I do get problems?

Thanks
  3. all cpu's ar set to handle DDR3-1333 CAS 9 by default.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Systems