Just about to order computer parts - need to confirm compatibility

dylan_m

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hi

I am just about to order the following parts to put together a computer with and I need confirmation that it will work. I already have two samsung spinpoint 500GB hard drives that I'm going to be putting in raid 0, and an optical drive.

The parts are as follows:

Case - Thermaltake Element S

Power Supply - Corsair HX-650 (650 watt modular psu)

Motherboard - Asus M4A89GTD PRO

Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

RAM - Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHX ( 4GB of PC-10600 XMP DDR3 memory )

So will those parts all work flawlessly together? If you have any concerns please say so because as I said I'm just about to order the parts for a big amount of money for a teenager..

A few more details/questions..
I was going to get 1600mhz ram but since it isn't listed as compatible in the motherboards specs, I decided to play it safe.

I DO have a video card. In fact I have two laying around to choose from - an ATI 3450 or a nvidia 7600GT. Which is better do you reakon? One of those or just use the integrated?
I know the video cards are crappy. But don't worry, when I can afford it I'm going to get a 6850.. But until then I just won't play games.

Also, if I put both of the cards in the pci express slots, could I run three monitors?

Thanks heaps guys :)

Dylan

dylan_m

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Okay sweet. But what about RAM? I'm a little worried somethings going ro go wrong with timings or something, because look around on google, everyones complaining abou ram problems... Is it easy to fix though? If I do get problems?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS