Problem with RAM

nobody00

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Hello all, recently i bought an ASROCK N68C-S-UCC for unlock phenom ii x2 550 in x4, think that happend successfully but i have a problem, i think most probably with ram memory. First time when i instaled the new motherboard the monitor dont post, CPU fan, PSU fan, HDD are working. I tried with both onboard and dedicated video cards but the same problem. Then i tried with one memory at a time and it booted after many attempts. But now i have another problem at every restart monitor dont post and enter sleep mode, but sometimes post at restart. Another problem is when i have the proccesor unlocked in x4 i get bsod in games what i think is from the memory as well. I tried everithing found on internet about this problem, reseted BIOS,CMOS, tried another PSU, cleaned ram with an eraser and another solutions but nothing worked. I think is some incompatibility between MOBO and RAM. What do you think, i must to buy new memory?

ASROCK N68C-S-UCC
Phenom ii x2 550
2gb ddr2 667mhz pqi and 1gb ddr2 667mhz kingston
400w Sirtec

and sory for my bad english

nobody00

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
so what do you think, is incompatible with the MOBO? i dont see pqi in the memory QVL at ddr2 667 but i see kingmax that should work.

nobody00

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
the ram is from an old mobo and the 2gb pqi are dual chanel and the 1gb is kingmax not kingston, i cant edit. I put them in yellow slots. I think i will try new memory.

Yes, and go for the DDR3, as it is cheaper and faster.

OK, but even if it passed, u cannot believe for 100% that the RAM is without a problem.

I've seen that just yesterday someone had past the test and it was bad.

But if u choose the RAM from the QVL list, it should be cool!

nobody00

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
i dont have GTX 550 Ti , i have sapphire 4890 but The PSU is not the problem because i tryed with the video onboard and i had the same problem, i even tryed another PSU and i had the same problem.

I had a problem like this with the old mobo as well, first time when i installed ram i got beeps, then i tried with one memory at a time and it booted after many attempts but on this mobo i dont get NO POST at restart.
The old motherboard gygabite was ga-m720-us3

I thought u used some fluid cleaner :D

nobody00

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY SIMPLY CHANGING MULTIPLIER/VOLTAGE CHANGE FROM AUTO TO MANUAL IN BIOS.

But now i have another problem, when i unlock phenom ii x2 550 in x4 is stable in prime95 but it freezes in games. i know is not from the CPU because this is my second CPU, the first one (also phenom ii x2 550) did the same thing, freezes in games. Is not from the mobo too because on the old mobo gigabyte ga-m720-us3 did sa same thing, the difference is that on gigabyte i get freeze after 1 sec of prime95.