Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How allocate memory to video

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 2, 2010 10:36:33 AM

hello.
i was just wondering how/or if it is possible to allocate ready boost memory to onboard graphics card?
if so how can i do this.
because my bios does not have an option to allocate more video memory nor a greyed out option.
even a bios update of hack. but something safe and easy as im not very good with computers.
or could you even give me a link to a software that can convert a pixel shader 2.0 video card to 3.0.
so i can run pixel shader 3.0 games on a pixel shader 2.0 video card. i have grand theft auto 4 episodes from liberty city
and unable to play it as i don have pixel shader 3.0 and not enuf video memory to run it. so please help.
thanks in return

More about : allocate memory video

a b U Graphics card
December 2, 2010 12:12:02 PM

It will not help. If your video card does not have enough memory to run it, it will be far from adequate in terms of raw processing power. And if it cannot run pixel shader 3.0, there is probably not anything legit that will work.
If you really want to play GTA4, you need to get a new computer or graphics card (if its a desktop).
BTW, what computer do you have? It might not cost much to upgrade it.
Score
December 2, 2010 1:01:10 PM

jryan388 said:
It will not help. If your video card does not have enough memory to run it, it will be far from adequate in terms of raw processing power. And if it cannot run pixel shader 3.0, there is probably not anything legit that will work.
If you really want to play GTA4, you need to get a new computer or graphics card (if its a desktop).
BTW, what computer do you have? It might not cost much to upgrade it.

i have a toshiba l500 laptop. iv already posted about a graphics card but it is intergrated so I cant replace it. actualy 1 extra question... would it be possible to add a graphics card? not replace it but add one? or send it in and get a new one intergrated on to the motherboard? if thats possible? if so how much would that cost. maybe they are wrong though because it says its bus is pci but maybr im wrong lol. what about a gta 4 downgrader? iv seen a video on youtube that downgrades the pixel shader to 2.0 but it didnt have a link for anything in the description. well whatever help you can offer would be greatly apreciated.
thanks
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2010 11:55:15 PM

Nope, its not, not for a laptop.
As for the "video downgrader", it's just not feasable. Anything that would reduce the quality far enough that it would work on your computer would look absolutely horrible. And I doubt such a mod does exist and work correctly, for another.
May 2, 2011 8:52:57 PM

Best answer selected by wonder44.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
May 2, 2011 8:53:45 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!