Solved

Can a Sony Vaio VPCM121AX cpu be upgraded?

Hello, Does anyone know if this Sony Vaio ( VPCM121AX ) CPU can be upgraded to a faster one? If anyone has an answer please let me know. Also if you might know where to buy one.

Thank you very much,
Mike :hello:
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sony vaio vpcm121ax upgraded
  1. Best answer
    The problems with upgrading the CPU in any laptop is the increase in TDP. This increase will usually result in additional heat, and this is not a good thing in laptops.

An easy way to increase the performance is to increase the RAM to the max that the board will support. Installed: 1GB (1GBx1) - Maximum: 2GB - Type/Speed: DDR2/667MH

Leave the 250 GB hard drive alone.

More info: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=VPCM121AXW
  2. one of the best ways to increase speed in any laptop is the addition of more Ram.
  3. Ubrales said:
    The problems with upgrading the CPU in any laptop is the increase in TDP. This increase will usually result in additional heat, and this is not a good thing in laptops.

An easy way to increase the performance is to increase the RAM to the max that the board will support. Installed: 1GB (1GBx1) - Maximum: 2GB - Type/Speed: DDR2/667MH

Leave the 250 GB hard drive alone.

More info: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=VPCM121AXW

Thank you very much for the info. I did increase the ram to 2GB. Was just curious if the cpu could be upgraded.

Thanks Mike
  4. ghnader hsmithot said:
    one of the best ways to increase speed in any laptop is the addition of more Ram.

Thank you for the info. I did already increase the Ram was just wondering if the CPU could be upgraded.

Thanks Mike
  5. Overall, no. It's a netbook, which are not designed for CPU intensive task. They are designed really just to check your email on the go. If you really need CPU speed, time for a new system overall.
  6. Best answer selected by 1954mike.
  7. Thank you!
  8. sorry bout the dead thread...but im trying to figure out how to upgrade the laptop from 1gb to 2gb..but i just cant seem to be able to take the netbook apart...sony viao vpcm121ax/w...any help with step by step..thanks
  9. 1954mike said:
    Thank you very much for the info. I did increase the ram to 2GB. Was just curious if the cpu could be upgraded.

Thanks Mike

could u tell me how u added the 2gb ram to that laptop..i just cant seem to understand how to upgrade it...step by step would be nice to take it apart to upgrade ram...thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Sony Vaio