Insect Nest Income... bug or host change?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 23, 2005 9:52:16 AM

Are nests no longer supplying income for colonists that enter it?

My understanding of nests which is gleamed from the Host changes documented
is as follows:

***
The range of the robot nest is based on turn number and number of insects
and colonists on the base. The nest range has a minimum range of 30LY and a
maximum range of 400 LY. At the beginning of the game the range will be
about 100LY around the home world at turn 60 the range will be about 400 LY
around all high population planets.

Income from this is between 1/10 mc and 1/30mc per enemy colonist trapped .
***

I do not think I have been receiving any income from any colonists trapped
at any of my bases. For example: last turn I had a nest at one base scoop up
a total of 75,153 Colonists from nearby bases. At the start of the turn I
have 885 MC sitting at the base. I don't remember what MC I had there at the
end of the last run but assuming that I got the bare minimum income for all
of the colonists the insects trapped I should have 1/30 * 75,154 = 2505 MC
plus what other income I have. That 2505 MC did not show up.
March 23, 2005 10:06:44 AM

Ok, my bad... I'm not sure how I screwed up, but I had forgotten that I had
placed a large order for fighters at this base earlier in the turn so the
money at this base was far more than 800 something. So things are probably
right after all. Still, is the following understanding of nests correct and
working as everyone sees it?

!