Sign in with
Your question

$1600 Gaming Rig Help Please

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2011 5:45:57 PM

I'm not computer savvy at all but I think it's time for me to build a desktop and am not scared to try and put it together using step by step instructions. I would appreciate any advice I can get.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks

Budget Range: $1600 Before Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Music

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country of Origin: California, United States

Parts Preferences: I was told to wait until around this time for Sandy Bridge so aside from that whatever would get me the most "bang for my buck"

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Not sure

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: I’m basically looking for a gaming computer that can run WoW, SC2, and Diablo 3(I know it’s still a ways away) on max settings and something that will last me the next few years. I also would need a monitor included. Thank you in advanced for your time and help.

More about : 1600 gaming rig

February 1, 2011 12:30:27 AM

what geico gecko said.
m
l
Related resources
February 1, 2011 12:34:16 AM

Dude not cool, copying my naming of people, JK :lol:  it's pretty cool how you adopted my technique. Thanks!!!
m
l
a c 227 4 Gaming
February 1, 2011 12:38:06 AM

I'd put any build plans on hold till April when Revision B hardware for Sandy Bridge comes out.
m
l
February 1, 2011 12:39:21 AM

:p  well i felt as if it was necessary seeing as how im often referred to as purple goo guy
m
l
February 1, 2011 12:43:12 AM

Yeap It's just way easier to type out than HeyImGodly or even heyimgodly, purple goo guy is really easy because of location of keys and my key memory. If you mind it I'll spend the extra second but I actually thought it was kinda funny, and since you hadn't flamed me I assumed we were cool.

btw I'm completely cool with you calling my geico gecko or whatever the H*ll you want as long as it isn't derogatory or inappropriate.
m
l
February 1, 2011 12:52:40 AM

yeah were cool man, its no problem i actually find it funny whenever im referred to that way,
m
l
February 1, 2011 12:54:59 AM

Yay!

@OP we're sorry for taking up your time, but you really don't have much to do until march/april just wait for SB to be re-released
m
l
April 6, 2011 8:16:12 PM

Just following up from my post and hoping to get some help now that Sandy Bridge is available again. Thank you
m
l
April 6, 2011 8:34:30 PM

Wow, you really waited? Awesome patience! I personally learned alot from this site:

www.mysuperpc.com/build.shtml

There's a ton of pics and step-by-step instructions on the actual building of the pc. Toms here is a great resource for researching different hardware. My sig is pretty much what hardware recommendations I would make (though possibly a 2500k for gaming only)...
m
l
!