Armorlite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I just recently bought a new processor. I installed the new processor and when i boot up the system the monitor is like its in sleep mode. The emachine light that usually turns on doesn't turn on but all the fans inside the tower is working. When I plug in my old processor it works fine. I updated the latest bios from gateway but still no luck.

Specs:
emachine t5062
1 gb of ram kingston ddr2
nvidia geforce 8600gt

HELP!!

verrul

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
the amd x2 5200 should work with that computer my son has that exact model update your bios. Has a 5770 for gaming in it. Not too bad of a system for his uses. One other thing I forgot I had to upgrade the power supply you might want to check on that. It had a 230 or something really really low.

Armorlite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011

is this the processor you bought?

http://www.buy.com/prod/amd-athlon-64-x2-5200-brisbane-2-7ghz-2-x-512kb-l2-cache-socket-am2/q/loc/111/218192854.html

can you guys give me a link to where i can update my bios? I been searching all over and i would appreciate it if you could give me a link!

PincheOgro1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

Supposedly... I thought that also and I ordered a 3800+ 64 x2 939 pin/socket expecting it to just plug in. NOPE. CPU-Z lists my processor as an AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Socket AM2 (940) [pin], so he either has a different motherboard processor configuration or CPU-Z is wrong... AT LEAST for my computer. ANYBODY need a 939 pin AMD Athlon AOA38000AA5CD processor? selling it real cheap since the place where I ordered it wont take it back. LOL

PincheOgro1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

Supposedly... I thought that also and I ordered a 3800+ 64 x2 939 pin/socket expecting it to just plug in. NOPE. CPU-Z lists my processor as an AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Socket AM2 (940) [pin], so he either has a different motherboard processor configuration or CPU-Z is wrong... AT LEAST for my computer. ANYBODY need a 939 pin AMD Athlon AOA38000AA5CD processor? selling it real cheap since the place where I ordered it wont take it back. LOL. This processor would not even drop into the socket. I am hoping that the 5200 Brisbane will work.

8/24/15

Hey Boss,
I just installed an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Brisbane 5200+ into my T5062 machine and it has worked flawlessly. The 3800+ "IS" a single core processor and the 5200+ "IS" a dual core. The computer recognizes the dual cores, Windows recognizes the dual cores, the utility program "open Hardware Monitor" that This web site offers (FREE) also lists BOTH cores and the MAX speed of 2712 MHz on both cores. What I have tested so far, I have loaded over a dozen programs into memory and ran a HD defrag and a system optimization program (all at the same time) to stress the CPU, and the highest CPU LOAD PERCENTAGE that I could get with all this crap loaded into memory was 89% usage. The video's load faster and run much better. I didn't see any BUFFERING at all. But I AM NOT A GAMER so I do not know how well this CPU would work for someone that was a gamer. But I am happy with the results.

PincheOgro1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

Hey Boss,
I just installed an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Brisbane 5200+ into my T5062 machine and it has worked flawlessly. The 3800+ "IS" a single core processor and the 5200+ "IS" a dual core. The computer recognizes the dual cores, Windows recognizes the dual cores, the utility program "open Hardware Monitor" that This web site offers (FREE) also lists BOTH cores and the MAX speed of 2712 MHz on both cores. What I have tested so far, I have loaded over a dozen programs into memory and ran a HD defrag and a system optimization program (all at the same time) to stress the CPU, and the highest CPU LOAD PERCENTAGE that I could get with all this crap loaded into memory was 89% usage, compared to the 99% to 100% CONSTANT LOAD on the single core 3800+. Video's load faster and run much better. I didn't see any BUFFERING at all. But I AM NOT A GAMER so I do not know how well this CPU would work for someone that was a gamer. But I am happy with the results. If I ONLY did WORD PROCESSING and I did NOT access the Internet there would be no need to change out the 3800+ CPU.

PincheOgro1

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

Maybe you need more memory. I have a 1 GB dimm I will mail to you FREE if you want it. Contact me at sphincter_muscle@msn.com.

Hey Boss,
I just installed an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Brisbane 5200+ into my T5062 machine and it has worked flawlessly. The 3800+ "IS" a single core processor and the 5200+ "IS" a dual core. The computer recognizes the dual cores, Windows recognizes the dual cores, the utility program "open Hardware Monitor" that This web site offers (FREE) also lists BOTH cores and the MAX speed of 2712 MHz on both cores. What I have tested so far, I have loaded over a dozen programs into memory and ran a HD defrag and a system optimization program (all at the same time) to stress the CPU, and the highest CPU LOAD PERCENTAGE that I could get with all this crap loaded into memory was 89% usage. The video's load faster and run much better. I didn't see any BUFFERING at all. But I AM NOT A GAMER so I do not know how well this CPU would work for someone that was a gamer. But I am happy with the results.