Max turbo frequency

Solution
The Intel® Core™ I7 2600K has a clock speed of 3.4 GHz and a max turbo mode speed of 3.8 GHz (general rule is it can clock up 4 bins). So this would be the fastest of the processors that we have released with turbo mode. Understand that the Intel Core I7 2600K can be overclocked which from my understanding can also change the speed on the turbo mode.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
The Intel® Core™ I7 2600K has a clock speed of 3.4 GHz and a max turbo mode speed of 3.8 GHz (general rule is it can clock up 4 bins). So this would be the fastest of the processors that we have released with turbo mode. Understand that the Intel Core I7 2600K can be overclocked which from my understanding can also change the speed on the turbo mode.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution
AMD Turbo operates off the CPU multiplier by creating an additional P-State. It varies between models but IIRC the max Turbo at stock adds *2.5* to the CPU multiplier on up to 3 cores (while dropping 3 cores to 4x). If your system clock is at stock 200MHz that would be a 500MHz 'Turbo'. I suspect quite a few folks, however, have bumped the system clock to the 240-250MHz range (depending upon RAMs) raising that to 600MHz+.

And whether this is reflected or not in upcoming retail remains to be seen with Bulldozer Zambezi / Llano ...

2j5nbc.jpg