What is your video card choice?

With the holidays upon us, a lot of video cards are being purchased. What are you getting, or hoping to get?

(You may select up to 2 answers.)

Feel free to leave comments to explain your choice.
13 answers Last reply
More about what video card choice
  1. I'm hoping to get a 6850,would be nice to crossfire them when the new BF 3 comes around next Oct.
  2. It depends how much money you have and what you are looking to do with the card....on the current budget that I have I am deciding between the 460 and the 6850. So probably the 6850 since it is the newer card and I am not looking to OC.
  3. has there been any spoilers released for the 6900 series? Is the 6900 series suppose to be a high-end card that beats the 5970 or a mid-range card?
  4. allkindsoftime said:
    has there been any spoilers released for the 6900 series? Is the 6900 series suppose to be a high-end card that beats the 5970 or a mid-range card?

It's definitely going to be the high-end series as an update to the 5800 series. It will include from low to high: 6950 > 6970 > 6990, which will be a dual GPU card replacing the 5970. All will outperform the current mid-range 6800 series. Look out for the debut on or around December 13th.
  5. No one's excited about the 6900 series?
  6. how much would the 6950 go for? the cheaper ones of that family
  7. GTX460 :) and one doesn't have to sell part of ones liver or a kidney to get one.
  8. You just ask me to choose, right?
    So 6900 series is my choice... :)
  9. I'm still happy with my HD 4870's. I'd probably buy 2 more at the price they're selling for before buying something else. Ah, the joys of a Quad-Crossfire motherboard! :sol:
  10. I recently bought the Radeon HD 5850 on Newegg for $199. Sales due to cyber monday, and a MIR. Pretty happy with the purchase. My friend uses an older card in the 58 series and I've been told its pretty powerful.
  11. went HD6850 and gtx460

both offer excellent performance for a good price. hopefully as prices go down i'll upgrade my gts 450 to one of those in another 6 months :D
  12. purple stank said:
    how much would the 6950 go for? the cheaper ones of that family

Just taking a guess, I'd say around $300.
  13. nothing, i have 2 x 4870 1GB and that is plenty for a while still
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics