Event Logger Save Dump Crash

bhdavis1

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I've done done reading here on Save Dump errors so have a bit of an understanding on what may be going on.

This happens periodically. Computer is going along fine and then .......suddenly......for no apparent reason it reboots. Maybe once a week on average.

This is the Event Logger message when I right click on SAVE DUMP and hit PROPERTIES:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xb4e57358, 0xa4c97bc0, 0xa4c978bc). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042811-01.dmp.

I will start with I use Norton GoBack and am aware of the MBR issues with it. However I don't think that is part of this problem. Feel free to correct me.

The computer is on a wired network and the problem has happened even when it is the only computer powered up on the network.

It doesn't seem to matter what programs are running or whether I'm using the keyboard or not.

There is a phone line to the PC modem that is for faxing out.

So far I have:

I've put in a new power supply and it still happens.

Removed my UPS backup power supply from the system. Just did that so don't know if it will solve the problem but from what I've read so far it is probably not the issue.

Now....from what I've read.......this could be the issue. Just before it reboots I hear a loud humming/groaning noise from the speakers. I use streaming radio with Windows Media Player so that is always on. Suddenly the music stops, I get the load hum/groan and then........reboot.

It is an integrated sound card on the motherboard. Gigabyte board with a Core2 2.4 ghz cpu and 2 gig of RAM.

I'm sure I can disable the onboard sound and insert a separate PCI sound card. Would you all agree that is the next best plan of action?

Thanks,
BH Davis

bhdavis1

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
I'd have to have the pc running in safe mode for all week to see if it did or didn't happen in safe mode. That is not an option I'm afraid.

Last time it happened was on Monday I believe. Fine all week after that.

BH