Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
So I'm building my new rig with the following specs:

Antec 1200 Case
i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Pro
8 GB G.Skill RAM
GTX 570

I'm taking my hard drive and power supply from my old system and putting it into my new system. I finished up last night, and was getting a green light on the motherboard but the On button did nothing. So I took a look at the manual again and decided my Power Switch plug was in wrong. I rotated and that did the trick. It would do a double boot, but everything turned. However, I had no visuals. It was late so I had to go to bed and slept on it. I decided my problem was I only had one power supply cable plugged into the motherboard, the 24 pin. So when I got home today I plugged in the four pin on the opposite side, which I believe powers the CPU. Now my problem is the motherboard light is glowing green, but the power button does nothing. Any ideas?

Barrock

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

I'm using a Coolmaster 650 watt PSU. Not only do I not get a visual now, but the fans, GPU, and HDD aren't turning on anymore. I combined the two four pins into an eight pin, and figured that would solve the visual issue. But now all I'm getting is a green light on the motherboard that lights up when I hit the switch on the power supply. When I press the power button nothing happens. I've triple checked that the Q Connectors are in the correct spot, and I've bridged the gap between the two power connections to test if it was the cable. Nothing happened.