Sign in with
Your question

Group policy

Last response: in Windows 7
November 24, 2011 6:59:44 AM

I Have doubt abt Domain level group policy! My question is i have many clients in my domain! i want to set Group policy for all clients using Domain controller! If new clients are been added to my domain..my group policy should be able to apply for the new client! Suggest me with the best method available! plz plz help...........................

More about : group policy

November 24, 2011 7:44:21 AM

sujithMR said:
I Have doubt abt Domain level group policy! My question is i have many clients in my domain! i want to set Group policy for all clients using Domain controller! If new clients are been added to my domain..my group policy should be able to apply for the new client! Suggest me with the best method available! plz plz help...........................

If all of your client PC's are in the same OU, you can just create the policy and link it to the OU containing the PC's

When you add a new PC to the domain, adding it to the OU will force the policy to apply to it.
m
l
November 24, 2011 8:01:02 AM

bumnut53 said:
If all of your client PC's are in the same OU, you can just create the policy and link it to the OU containing the PC's

When you add a new PC to the domain, adding it to the OU will force the policy to apply to it.

Can you provide me any link which has more information about it?? IF the new Pc added to domain will inherit the policy that has been applied to domain????
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2011 8:39:24 AM

As Bumnut said, as long as you put the new PC in the same OU as all of the other PC's in Active Directory, and the policy you want applied is applied to that OU in Group Policy, and you have actually joined the PC to the domain, then that PC will inherit those policies when you log on to the domain.
m
l
November 24, 2011 8:46:47 AM

Tonkyboy said:
As Bumnut said, as long as you put the new PC in the same OU as all of the other PC's in Active Directory, and the policy you want applied is applied to that OU in Group Policy, and you have actually joined the PC to the domain, then that PC will inherit those policies when you log on to the domain.

Ok thanks alot! can u tell me the procedure how to make domain policy? for example i want to enable remote administration in all PCs of my domain! My domain controller is windows 2008! plz help me here...m very new to Active directory!
m
l
November 24, 2011 8:47:01 AM

Ok thanks alot! can u tell me the procedure how to make domain policy? for example i want to enable remote administration in all PCs of my domain! My domain controller is windows 2008! plz help me here...m very new to Active directory!
m
l
November 24, 2011 8:50:14 AM

How many PC's on your domain ? Is it for business ?
m
l
November 24, 2011 9:10:05 AM

More than 100! Nope..not business! I work in a S/W company!
m
l
November 24, 2011 9:39:53 AM

Plz provide me the procedure how to make domain policy? for example i want to enable remote administration in all PCs of my domain! My domain controller is windows 2008! plz help me here...m very new to Active directory!

m
l
!