GPU fan sometimes doesn't start.

G

Hi, I have this rather odd problem.
Currently there's an Nvidia GeForce 9500 in my pc, and it came with a factory fan. It wasn't working that great, so i had it replaced with a store bought one and had it attached to the motherboard for power.

It fits. It's not too big, because it simply doesn't touch any of the edges.
I often have to manually reach in and give it a light spin just so my GPU doesn't burn up.
Also, i don't know if i'm imagining this, but it seems that it happens gradually more often.
I recorded a video on my phone , here's a link to the video. Don't make fun of my English :D
Should i just replace it or something? It's attached with screws through the steel what's-it-now and as i said, connected to the motherboard.

Any help would be appreciated :)

G

I'm leaving town for the day so won't be replying with anything, will check in tomorrow.

Hi, I have this rather odd problem.
Currently there's an Nvidia GeForce 9500 in my pc, and it came with a factory fan. It wasn't working that great, so i had it replaced with a store bought one and had it attached to the motherboard for power.

It fits. It's not too big, because it simply doesn't touch any of the edges.
I often have to manually reach in and give it a light spin just so my GPU doesn't burn up.
Also, i don't know if i'm imagining this, but it seems that it happens gradually more often.
I recorded a video on my phone , here's a link to the video. Don't make fun of my English :D
Should i just replace it or something? It's attached with screws through the steel what's-it-now and as i said, connected to the motherboard.

Any help would be appreciated :)
What is the voltage requirement for the fan? What is the current draw for the fan? Did the fan that was replaced have 2-wires or a 3-wires?

uniman6699

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
buy*
plus when i say more power i mean directly to the PSU with a 3 to 4 pin molex (obvisiouly into a molex socket connected to ur PSU)