Opinions on my Build

Solution

NH-D14 is an excellent cooler but its massive one of the biggest ones out there and for $90 its expensive and yes it fit in the Raven. I take it with that CPU you are going to be overclocking right? If not then a $30 cooler master 212+ will work just fine.

peterson99

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I'm also a little confused with the cpu cooler. Does it support the new 1155 cpu? also i've read that there is space issues with the ram because of the size of the CPU cooler, but the ram i have chosen should be good i believe. The case i've chosen also has the motherboard in an unconventional position, to allow a different method of cooling. Im not sure what effect this has on the CPU cooler, if any at all.

Thanks for any input, on any of the parts selected. I want a longer term pc, that will be intended for gaming, with a budget of around $1700 CDN. Thanks for any help.

peterson99

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
sorry about that, what do you think about the NH-D14? is there enough space for it, and the fairly large ram. I have had trouble finding 1600 cas 7 ram, that are smaller, and thus can fit easier

shineon2010

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010

NH-D14 is an excellent cooler but its massive one of the biggest ones out there and for $90 its expensive and yes it fit in the Raven. I take it with that CPU you are going to be overclocking right? If not then a $30 cooler master 212+ will work just fine.

Solution