Question on software use

Kind of OT...

If I buy a copy of Nikon Capture, for instance, for my desktop PC, is it OK
to also install it on my laptop? Will it work and register OK?

And along the same lines: if the desktop machine I bought came loaded with
bundled software, is it acceptable to load selected software on the notebook
(if I could figure out how)?

Is there a "standard" policy on this kind of thing, or do you have to
contact the manufacturer on a case-by-case basis? (This is all for
home/personal use, BTW)

Good shooting,
Bob Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about question software

    In article <qAfLd.4842$Ix.165@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    "Robert Scott" <desmobob@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > Kind of OT...
    >
    > If I buy a copy of Nikon Capture, for instance, for my desktop PC, is it OK
    > to also install it on my laptop? Will it work and register OK?
    >
    > And along the same lines: if the desktop machine I bought came loaded with
    > bundled software, is it acceptable to load selected software on the notebook
    > (if I could figure out how)?
    >
    > Is there a "standard" policy on this kind of thing, or do you have to
    > contact the manufacturer on a case-by-case basis? (This is all for
    > home/personal use, BTW)

    Not really. Read the license. You can probably find the license, or a
    contact email address on Nikon's web site.

    "Robert Scott" <desmobob@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > Kind of OT...
    >
    > If I buy a copy of Nikon Capture, for instance, for my desktop PC, is
    > it OK to also install it on my laptop? Will it work and register OK?
    >
    > And along the same lines: if the desktop machine I bought came loaded
    > with bundled software, is it acceptable to load selected software on
    > the notebook (if I could figure out how)?
    >
    > Is there a "standard" policy on this kind of thing, or do you have to
    > contact the manufacturer on a case-by-case basis? (This is all for
    > home/personal use, BTW)

    You need to read their license agreement. There's no "standard policy",
    but most software vendors do not allow installation on more than one
    machine if you've just bought one copy. (Which doesn't mean that people
    don't do it.)

    --
    Steve Gray
    sgray2@cfl.rr.com