64 bit or home premium?

Hi,
I am building my own computer and wondered if it is better to get the windows 7 home edition or the windows 7 64 bit. I noticed the 64 bit is £40 cheaper and am not sure about the reason for this. Which one should I get?
9 answers Last reply
More about home premium
  1. There are this versions of 32/64 Windows.

Home Premium -- Professional -- Enterprise & Ultimate all have x32bit and x64bit versions.

Check here for versions
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/win7/windows-7-product-editions-a-comparison
  2. Your question doesn't quite make sense. Each Windows 7 version comes in both 32bit and 64bit flavours, thus there is a Home Premium 32bit and 64bit.

I assume you are looking at Home Premium retail versus 64bit OEM. OEM is cheaper but can only be used on one PC since the license is tied to the hardware.
  3. eladmot said:
    Hi,
    I am building my own computer and wondered if it is better to get the windows 7 home edition or the windows 7 64 bit. I noticed the 64 bit is £40 cheaper and am not sure about the reason for this. Which one should I get?

For u would be probably best to get Win Home Premium x64

And here u can see why @ http://www.winsupersite.com/article/win7/windows-7-product-editions-a-comparison
  4. Herr_Koos said:
    Your question doesn't quite make sense. Each Windows 7 version comes in both 32bit and 64bit flavours, thus there is a Home Premium 32bit and 64bit.

I assume you are looking at Home Premium retail versus 64bit OEM. OEM is cheaper but can only be used on one PC since the license is tied to the hardware.

All that ^^^ + u need to have your own Win XP or Vista to use the upgrade version.
  5. nikorr said:
    All that ^^^ + u need to have your own Win XP or Vista to use the upgrade version.

No one is talking about upgrade version here, he said OEM version not the upgrade version.
  6. eladmot said:
    Hi,

Home Premium x64. Make sure you have a 64 bit processor.
  7. tlw1999 said:
    Home Premium x64. Make sure you have a 64 bit processor.

what???a 64 bit processor? oh god
  8. All processors are 64bit capable these days, so no problem unless it's a fairly old PC.
  9. Herr_Koos said:
    Your question doesn't quite make sense. Each Windows 7 version comes in both 32bit and 64bit flavours, thus there is a Home Premium 32bit and 64bit.

+1
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers