Jason Sector

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
every time i put on my PC it keeps telling me to update my bios, when i get into the bios my keyboard freezes on one key ( most of the time is a number like 6 or 7) and has this long beep ( like when you holding down too many buttons) also when i reach into the bios it it has the latest update already. can someone please help.

Try another keyboard. Maybe one or more of the keys is sticking. Other possibility is a bad stick of ram. Try only one at a time in dimm slot one. You can reset the bios by poping the motherboard battery out of the holder for one minute with the power supply unplugged, then reinstall with the system off.

Jason Sector

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
tried the switching keyboards didn't work.....but i will try the memory. someone told me that the problem could be that the mother board is going bad......how true is that ???

Jason Sector

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

Ok thanks for the info but getting into the bios is wat im trying to do.

What motherboard and bios version do you have? Get me this info and I or someone else can search for this issue. You shouldn't be the only one having this issue and possible others have found a work around.