Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Buying Guide for Highend Professional Uses

Last response: in CPUs
April 30, 2011 4:26:27 PM

I am going to buy one high end pc for 3D Mechanical CAD Modeling, 3D Architectural Modeling, Architectural Rendering and Walkthrough, Video Editing, Gaming. I am a resident of Kolkata, India.

I also want to connect an additional monitor in future (optional)

Please suggest me from the following, But if you want to refer something which is not their in my list please feel free to recommend. I have mention the pricing of kolkata reseller.
1) Processor + Motherboard
a) AMD Phenom II 1100T BE + Asus M4A88TD M EVO (334 $)
or
b) Intel Core i7 960 + Asus P7H55 M (364 $)
or
c) Intel Core i7 2600 K + Asus P8H667 M (450 $)

(I feel Asus is best when compared to Intel original / MSI/Gigabyte. What is your opinion?)

2. Memory
a) Kingston 1333 FSB - 4 X 4 GB (40 $ X 4)
or
b) Kingston Hyper 1600 FSB - 4 X 4 GB (60 $ X 4)

3. Display Card (Saphire / Asus / MSI / Gigabyte / Zotac / Palit / XFX)
a) ATI Raedon 5670 - 1 GB (120 $)
or
b) ATI Raedon 5770 - 1 GB (140 $)
or
c) ATI Raedon 5870 - 1 GB (190 $)
or
d) Nvidia Geforce GT450 - 1 GB (140 $)
or
e) Any Other Geforce / Raedon Card

4) SMPS (Cooler master / Zebronics / iball / Crosshair)
a) 450 W (50 $)
or
b) 500 W
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2011 4:40:16 PM

1)c 2)a 3)gtx 570 4)600w
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
April 30, 2011 5:23:10 PM

The i7 2600k outperforms the 960 and 1100 especially when overclocked. But if you're going to overclock you would need a p67 mobo. You cannot change ram speed on h67 so get 1333 but if you get p67, 1600 is the sweet spot for price/performance. CPU software renderers still seem to be the best right now so the graphics card will only really apply to gaming, unless you're in fact using a hardware renderer. What graphics card you get will decide what psu you will need to get. I think a 5770 would be good with a good 550w seasonic, corsair, or antec psu.
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2011 5:27:02 PM

k1114 said:
The i7 2600k outperforms the 960 and 1100 especially when overclocked. But if you're going to overclock you would need a p67 mobo. You cannot change ram speed on h67 so get 1333 but if you get p67, 1600 is the sweet spot for price/performance. CPU software renderers still seem to be the best right now so the graphics card will only really apply to gaming, unless you're in fact using a hardware renderer. What graphics card you get will decide what psu you will need to get. I think a 5770 would be good with a good 550w seasonic, corsair, or antec psu.

3d designing needs a 3d card.
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
April 30, 2011 5:31:42 PM

Viewports in 3d software use very little resources. I've got entire 500k poly environments on a 8800gt.
Score
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2011 5:33:25 PM

k1114 said:
Viewports in 3d software use very little resources. I've got entire 500k poly environments on a 8800gt.

SOrry mate.I dont do designing. So just giving my opinion.
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
April 30, 2011 5:42:48 PM

A lot of people make the same mistake. They think to have great graphics they need a powerful graphics card, when in reality the viewport is simplified to work in; especially since this kind of work has been done for a long time on much weaker hardware. And the final render is done by cpu in most cases.
Score
a c 229 à CPUs
April 30, 2011 6:40:41 PM

While the 1155 is great for gaming, video editing, CAD, 3D Rendering all work better on the 1366 platform. So, since gaming is your last priority, I have to steer you to the 1366 platform and nVidia CUDA capable GFX.

For PSU, XFX's aggressive pricing makes it the most attractive buy on this side of the world. I would not bother with any of the models you listed. Look for a 9.0 minimum rating om jonnyguru.com

Antec EA / TP New / SG / CP series Corsair TX / HX / AX series. Seasonic X series, XFX Core or Black Editions
Score
April 30, 2011 7:00:54 PM

k1114 said:

The amount of resources used by 3D viewports can vary greatly depending mainly on two factors, the size of the data set and the viewport rendering mode. A small data set and a wireframe view can use very little resources. However larger data sets with millions of polys combined with viewport modes like "Rendered Shadows" can use a huge amount of resources and tax even higher end cards.

---Max

Score
a c 158 à CPUs
April 30, 2011 7:18:39 PM

The final render will still look different than the realtime hardware render but while it is useful in some situations, spending $200 more just doesn't seem economical. It would really depend on what he works on and if he really needs it.

Can't believe I forgot, but what is your budget?

If he has a high budget, he'd probably want a high end quadro anyways.
Score
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2011 8:20:32 PM

When I do 3d Photoshop, I just do a rendering draft and when I get to the final finished product I simply select ray traced draft. :)  Quality isn't something I fuss about.

Now for actual useful advice:

I'd say buy any Gigabyte motherboard, they skimp on features but I haven't had one with a single compatibility problem, but any major player would be fine.
For CPU, you have to go Core i5 2500K, it's definitely the best value.
For a video card, Nvidia is a must. Most of those programs are either OpenGL or CUDA based, so it's better to just have the card that supports both.
Score
May 1, 2011 4:11:10 AM

k1114 said:
The final render will still look different than the realtime hardware render but while it is useful in some situations, spending $200 more just doesn't seem economical. It would really depend on what he works on and if he really needs it.

Can't believe I forgot, but what is your budget?

If he has a high budget, he'd probably want a high end quadro anyways.

For above 4 Products my Budget is around 700$ - 800$
Score
May 1, 2011 4:16:40 AM

amdfangirl said:
When I do 3d Photoshop, I just do a rendering draft and when I get to the final finished product I simply select ray traced draft. :)  Quality isn't something I fuss about.

Now for actual useful advice:

I'd say buy any Gigabyte motherboard, they skimp on features but I haven't had one with a single compatibility problem, but any major player would be fine.
For CPU, you have to go Core i5 2500K, it's definitely the best value.
For a video card, Nvidia is a must. Most of those programs are either OpenGL or CUDA based, so it's better to just have the card that supports both.

Can you mention the model no of Gigabyte Mobo? As the price of AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE (6 core processor) & Intel Core i5 2500K (4 Core Processor) are same, Is it worthy to buy intel?

Can you please also recommend which make should I take for graphics card?
Score
May 1, 2011 4:27:13 AM

k1114 said:

Can you please recommend which make should I take as my graphics card, mobo? I am also confused between ATI & Nvidia. What is the basic differences(as per my requirements) of a Raedon Card and a Geforce card?
I have gone through so many websites they are showing i7 beats x6 marginally. If its marginal I should go for AMD as price difference is nearly 120$. What is your suggestion?

One thing I have missed that I also wanted to do Finite Element Analysis.
Score
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2011 4:49:07 AM

ATi cards support OpenCL, OpenGL, Brook+
Nvidia cards support OpenCL, OpenGL, CUDA

The applications you have selected use OpenCL, OpenGL and CUDA. In short your computer would be better with an Nvidia card. I can get away with buying an ATi card because my software only requires OpenGL.
Score
May 1, 2011 5:33:59 AM

Any suggestion regarding Display card manufacturer (Saphire / Asus / MSI / Gigabyte / Zotac / Palit / XFX)
Score
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2011 6:11:15 AM

k1114 said:

idk if i agree with that. i was working on a 27million polygon 3ds max file the other day but today i have one that is only 6 and its not very responsive.
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 6:41:52 AM

I'm talking quads, not tris, not n-gons.

1100t vs i5-2500k is close but I think the i5 would win when overclocked. I would go Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte for mobo, model doesn't matter but get p67 if you go with the i5. Asus or MSI for the graphics, again just get the cheapest. If you go with the i5+460 you would only need 500w and as Jack said, a good antec, corsair, seasonic or xfx.
Score
May 1, 2011 7:15:15 AM

Which software require CUDA? Where do I get this information? Is it from Software developer site?

How over clocking will help me? What are the procedure to overclock my processor?

What are the purpose of multiple graphics card in single system? Is it for multiple display or anything more?

Do you think a low end Xeon / Opteron will come in same budget and is better than configuration mentioned?

It will help me a lot if you can compare products in same price band. (e.g AMD Phenom II X6 1100 T BE & Intel Core i5)

I am also attaching few links

http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/Cores_vs_Threads_Whitep...

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/pheno...

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/337/AMD_Phenom_II_X6_1...

Score
May 1, 2011 10:16:39 AM

k1114 said:
I'm talking quads, not tris, not n-gons.

1100t vs i5-2500k is close but I think the i5 would win when overclocked. I would go Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte for mobo, model doesn't matter but get p67 if you go with the i5. Asus or MSI for the graphics, again just get the cheapest. If you go with the i5+460 you would only need 500w and as Jack said, a good antec, corsair, seasonic or xfx.

P8P67 is better than P8H67 or P7H55 but price wise also double and my budget doesn't suit that. Price of P67is 240$, H67 is 125$ & P7H55 is 80$ in kokata. But As much I know that AMD Black Edition also has the ability of overclocking.
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 12:38:43 PM

Because budget is such a concern, go with the cheaper amd 1090t. The software site will say if it uses cuda. Overclocking will give you more performance, when you decide what you want then I could give you a guide on how to do it. You do not need multiple cards, even a single card can do 2 monitors (nvidia), 3 monitors (amd). Equivalent xeon or opteron processors will cost way more than anything you picked.

Those links are meaningless, you want to look at real benchmarks to gauge performance. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i... This tests at stock speeds but doesn't have cad, but it will give you an idea of the performance in multithreaded applications.
Score
a c 105 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 1:45:52 PM

k1114 said:
A lot of people make the same mistake. They think to have great graphics they need a powerful graphics card, when in reality the viewport is simplified to work in; especially since this kind of work has been done for a long time on much weaker hardware. And the final render is done by cpu in most cases.

Agree! I have AutoCad 14 running well on a Pentium 4 laptop with 2 GBs of RAM, as well as running on my i7-920 desktop with 12 GBs of RAM.

The speed of operation of these computers do not make much of a difference while designing high speed assembly machines, and robotic assembly lines. The thought process in my mind takes longer than the time the computers take to render my commands.
Score
a c 105 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 2:00:39 PM

I use CAD, do some occasional video editing, and some occasional gaming. My suggestions for your new computer are as follows:

1 - b) Intel Core i7 960 + Asus P7H55 M (364 $)
2 - a) Kingston 1333 FSB - 4 X 4 GB (40 $ X 4)
3 - e) Any Other Geforce / Raedon Card - look for GTX-400 series card with an external exhaust (Kolkota is hot, and hotter)
4 - Checkout Corsair HX-850 PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)
OR Corsair HX-750 PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Corsair's HX series is modular, and this feature will help in cable management, better air flow, and reduction of heat inside the case (more important in tropical countries).
Score
May 1, 2011 2:28:47 PM

k1114 said:
Because budget is such a concern, go with the cheaper amd 1090t. The software site will say if it uses cuda. Overclocking will give you more performance, when you decide what you want then I could give you a guide on how to do it. You do not need multiple cards, even a single card can do 2 monitors (nvidia), 3 monitors (amd). Equivalent xeon or opteron processors will cost way more than anything you picked.

Those links are meaningless, you want to look at real benchmarks to gauge performance. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i... This tests at stock speeds but doesn't have cad, but it will give you an idea of the performance in multithreaded applications.

We have two low end systems purchassed 5 yrs back and one laptop purchased two years back. She is an Architect and I am a Mechanical Engineer.

As my budget for above items are 700 to 800 $. I may go for AMD X6 1100 or Intel Core i5 Sandybridge. I may also wait a little while that is 2-3 months. I hope in this time sandy bridge may come down and fit my budget. Or I will buy system except display card which I can buy after 5-6 months so it will help me to take best possible system.

As you already noticed I am looking for a system with 16GB DDR3 and 1GB DDR5 Graphics. As we all know that upgration of system is theoretically possible but practically not. because technology changes so fast. I am going to invest in such a way that i will not require upgradation. it will serve me next 5-6 years.

I and my wife will use same system.
So if I am now going to write down according to absolute priority

1) Architectural Content Creation in 3D Studio MAX
Texture Creation in Photoshop
Still Image Rendering 4800px X 3000px (Vray)(Ray Tracing)
Exterior & Interior Walkthrough (Vray) (DVD or HD Quality) (Ray Tracing)
Using Primiere to finishing Walkthrough
Type : Professional / Expert

2) Mechanical Modeling in MCAD Software like Solid Works / Inventor / Solid Edge / Pro - Engineer

3) Structural Modeling Revit Structure

4) Architectural Detail in Revit Architecture

5) Finite Element Analysis in Ansys / Nastran / Algor
Type : Beginner/ Learner

6) Gamer
Type : Medium Level

Our primary concern to invest on such a pc is for our Architectural Content Creation. We want to use latest technology for more better output.

if you think a cheap graphics card can serve my purpose please feel free to mention exact graphics card model no.

Thank you for your constant support.
Score
May 1, 2011 2:39:32 PM

Ubrales said:
I use CAD, do some occasional video editing, and some occasional gaming. My suggestions for your new computer are as follows:

1 - b) Intel Core i7 960 + Asus P7H55 M (364 $)
2 - a) Kingston 1333 FSB - 4 X 4 GB (40 $ X 4)
3 - e) Any Other Geforce / Raedon Card - look for GTX-400 series card with an external exhaust (Kolkota is hot, and hotter)
4 - Checkout Corsair HX-850 PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)
OR Corsair HX-750 PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Corsair's HX series is modular, and this feature will help in cable management, better air flow, and reduction of heat inside the case (more important in tropical countries).

Thanks for your suggestion. but 850 or 750 stands for watt?? I am looking for a medium range cabinet with good airflow with 3-4 case fans (12 cm) from Zebronic / Cooler Master with a 450 to 600 watt standard smps. I don't know Antec or Corsair is available here or not. I am checking all options. I definately add more fans to keep it cool. Budget for cabinet and smps is 6000 INR or 120 $.

I also don't know about AMD Processor's heating issues now a days.
Score
a c 105 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 2:49:23 PM

anirba@3d said:
Thanks for your suggestion. but 850 or 750 stands for watt?? I am looking for a medium range cabinet with good airflow with 3-4 case fans (12 cm) from Zebronic / Cooler Master with a 450 to 600 watt standard smps. I don't know Antec or Corsair is available here or not. I am checking all options. I definately add more fans to keep it cool. Budget for cabinet and smps is 6000 INR or 120 $.

I also don't know about AMD Processor's heating issues now a days.

Yes, the 850 as well as the 750 stand for Watts. The links I provided will give you details. Corsair is a good brand with higher efficiencies. This means that less energy will be wasted as undesirable heat.

Your 16 GBs RAM and 1 GB video are good decisions.
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
May 1, 2011 5:27:23 PM

In about a month AMD is going to release their new cpus codenamed bulldozer. I think it would be your best bet to wait till then since you stated you might already do so.

The i7-960 is not compatible with h55. And i7+gtx 460 would only need 550w not 750 or 850. 1GB of vram on a graphics card does not tell it's performance. You can have a low end card not able to do this work with 1gb or even a high end card that is an overkill with 1gb.
Score
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2011 6:01:19 PM

GRAPHICS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

power

cpu
motherboard

ram

total
829.95 before rebates

if your going to be doing 3ds max work professionally you need a top of the line system which means a top 1366 series board and i7 or a new 1155 board and i7. I would strongly suggest a solid state drive too. Do not cheap out as time is money. I dont know about how much you can upgrade past a 1090t with the am3 motherboards either. that is still not known.
Score
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2011 6:38:30 PM

Dude this guy's in India, it'll be a stretch for him to buy items from America.
Score
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2011 6:53:41 PM

amdfangirl said:
Dude this guy's in India, it'll be a stretch for him to buy items from America.

it will give him an idea which is better than nothing
Score
May 2, 2011 10:49:16 AM

yes I can get a basic idea about exact product and their price range. The products which are available in india are very close in pricing with your link.

I also have found (over internet & will check locally) few low end xeon and opteron in between $190 to $300. Is it worrthy to take low end xeon over i5 sandy bridge.

What is your opinion?
a) Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB DDR5 (CUDA based) : ($ 140)
or
b) Nvidia Quadro 380 512 MB DDR3 (CUDA based) : ($ 190) (Note : I found quadro is a card for engineers and used in engineering workstations by HP)

2. RAM
a) Kingston Hyper 4 X 4GB = 16 GB 1600 FSB ($ 240)
or
b) Corsair XMS 4 X 4GB = 16 GB 1600 FSB ($ 200)

I am also checking for availability of Corsair Hi FSB (dual channel / tripple channel) DDR3 RAM (XMS, Dominator, Vengeance) in our locality.

Brand wise which RAM do you suggest?

What is the basic difference between P8H67 vs P8P67?

I also wanted to install a Wifi Lan Card in my desktop, I do not require a regular lan which is coming with Mobo.
(want to transfer data between laptop & desktop and want to surf my 8 MBPS BroadBand)

1) Wifi LAN Card from Dlink ($15)
2) Wifi Router Linksys or Dlink or Netgear

Please mention your preferences.................

Score
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2011 1:20:59 PM

p8p67 you can over clock the cpu while on the other motherboard you cant
Score
May 5, 2011 2:41:31 AM

Still I am looking for ur feedback.

I have checked locally if I set my budget to 350$ for Processor/Mobo

I can get following options
Intel Core i5 2500K + Asus P8H67
and
Intel Xeon Quad Core X3430 (2.4 Ghz) + Intel 3420 Gpv

Our local reseller told me that sandybridge when launched first time have some problems with two sata hdds. They may be rectified it. Is there anything like that?
Score
May 5, 2011 2:43:34 AM

k1114 said:
In about a month AMD is going to release their new cpus codenamed bulldozer. I think it would be your best bet to wait till then since you stated you might already do so.

The i7-960 is not compatible with h55. And i7+gtx 460 would only need 550w not 750 or 850. 1GB of vram on a graphics card does not tell it's performance. You can have a low end card not able to do this work with 1gb or even a high end card that is an overkill with 1gb.

I have posted few more options can you chk and post ur feedback
Score

Best solution

a c 158 à CPUs
May 5, 2011 5:32:30 AM

The GTS will get more performance than the quadro. The i5 will get more performance than the xeon. Quadros and xeons aren't worth it unless you get the higher end ones which cost a lot and when budget isn't an issue.

You want p67 to overclock, if not you'd want the non k version to save money and could also find cheaper 1333 ram as h67 can't OC ram. I can't think of a bad ram company.

Mobos included in the recall should not be sold anymore but the new ones will have (b3) on the box.
May 22, 2011 3:46:36 AM

Best answer selected by anirba@3d.
Score
July 18, 2011 11:43:31 AM

Thanks everybody for your valuable inputs. As I told you I will wait for AMD Bulldozer for 2-3 months. 2.5 months is over. Still there is no news about AMD. Now I have decided to finalize the spec and purchase it with in this week.

1) Processor : i5 2500K (210$) or i7 2600K (310$)

2) Mobo : Asus P8Z68 V Pro (240$) or Gigabyte P8 Z68 (400$) ( but gigabyte is 150 $ more expensive than Asus)
Asrock, recommended by Toms Hardware is not available in local market.

3) DDR3 1600 FSB : Coresair Vengeance(50$) or Coresair Dominator or Kingston Hyper X (Dominator GT is also not available in local market)

sometimes I am looking for High FSB RAM Kingston 1833 or Coresair Vengeance 2000 or Coresair Dominator 2000..
but as I am willing to take 16 Gb is it worthy to pay 150$ more for it..

4) Power Supply : Coresair CX 600 (http://www.corsair.com/power-supplies/non-modular-psus/...) (80$)

5) Computer cases : Cooler Master or Zebronic or Iball (Antec and Corsair are not available)
Four Front UsB and good cooling option reqd..........
a) http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6654
or
b) http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6650 (60$)
or
c) http://www.zebronics.net/Zeb_Bijli.asp (50$)

Actually my budget was 700$ including Graphics card..Now I have stretched it to 900$ except Graphics card...I will buy graphics card in next 6 months. that may be Asus Nvidia GT 450

I am looking for a dual display...for continuous display and as well as to use it for separate application

Please recommend coolers (i.e. for my CPU/RAM/Graphics Card/Computer cases etc) which will be required for the system.
Score
July 18, 2011 4:16:38 PM

k1114 said:

After 3 Months long waiting I am going to buy my pc....now do you think i should go for i7+Z68 mobo or i7+X58 mobo.....
Score
July 18, 2011 4:29:00 PM

k1114 said:

After 3 Months long waiting for AMD Bulldozer I am going to buy my pc....now do you think i should go for i7+Z68 mobo or i7+X58 mobo.....
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
July 18, 2011 4:30:49 PM

AMD delayed bulldozer. Go with the i7+z68 (i5 if you can't afford i7). The asus v pro is a good mobo, Tom's recommended asrock because it has nearly the same features but costs less. Are there cheaper z68 that you could get? It's not worth getting faster than 1600 for ram. I think the cooler master cases are better, I've never heard of zebronic.
Score
a b à CPUs
July 18, 2011 8:04:29 PM

k1114 said:
AMD delayed bulldozer. Go with the i7+z68 (i5 if you can't afford i7). The asus v pro is a good mobo, Tom's recommended asrock because it has nearly the same features but costs less. Are there cheaper z68 that you could get? It's not worth getting faster than 1600 for ram. I think the cooler master cases are better, I've never heard of zebronic.

the one toms recommends is around 120-130 if i remember correctly and it easily overclocked to 4.6ghz again if i remember correctly
Score
July 19, 2011 6:00:42 AM

k1114 said:

which ram should I go for ? Is it Corsair Vengeance or Dominator or G Skill Ripjaws or Kingston HyperX?

If I want dual Monitor what should be done?

Dual monitor is reqd for following
1) Want to open Different Applications in Different Monitor.... eg. AutoCAD in one and 3d Studio Max in One.....or TV in One and SolidWorks in one

2) Continuous Screen for watching movie..if possible........

One more thing if I am going to overclock my cpu ...should I need any special CPU Cooler..if yes please recommend...

What is the overclocking limitation for i5 2500K & i7 2600K?

One of my friend is telling that I can overclock but that is for a short period of time and it is basically for gamers. Over Clocking for a long time is not recommended. Then how will it help me in my MAX/VRay Rendering, as movie rendering takes 1 day/2days continuous. If for a long time overclocking is not possible..then is it worthy to spend more money on overclocking.....What is your opinion?

Gaming is not my requirement...It is last priority.......
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
July 19, 2011 5:11:54 PM

Those are all good ram. Go with 1.5v and whoever is the cheapest. The gts 450 you're getting can handle 2 monitors, just plug them both in. You are also getting a z68 with video outputs to use the integrated so you can also plug 2 in to there.

As long as the overclock voltage and temperatures are not extreme it won't affect the lifespan to notice anything. You should be able to get around ~4.6ghz safely. Overclocking will speed up your renders and I would suggest an aftermarket cooler. I'd usually suggest the cooler master hyper 212+ or the xigmatek gaia which are relatively cheap ($30 usd) and good performance. But I don't know what's available to you.

Are there cheaper z68s motherboards available? Is there a reason you are getting an expensive high end motherboard with extra features I doubt you will use?
Score
a b à CPUs
July 19, 2011 7:41:47 PM

man if your going to be doing some serious rendering you might consider a workstation gpu so that you can do some hardware acceleratioon. gpus are great renderers
Score
a c 158 à CPUs
July 19, 2011 8:18:14 PM

You don't need a quadro to enable hardware acceleration.
Score
a b à CPUs
July 19, 2011 9:51:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!