Pentax *ist DS external flash options

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 31, 2005 12:06:58 AM

What are you using and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
I would like a small bounce/zoom flash with minimal manual controls ...
don't want to negate the small form of the body with a monster flash.

TIA!

Will

--
"The members of the Golden Brigade Chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division
Association all served with the 82nd Airborne in Vietnam from 1968 to 1969.

I am using an Incablitz 280AZ but am saving up for a Sigma 500 series.

Cheers.

Pete D

"Will" <noboby@nunaya.biz> wrote in message
> What are you using and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
> I would like a small bounce/zoom flash with minimal manual controls ...
> don't want to negate the small form of the body with a monster flash.
>
> TIA!
>
> Will
>
> --
> "The members of the Golden Brigade Chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division
> Association all served with the 82nd Airborne in Vietnam from 1968 to
> 1969.
> They were victorious in their every battle and wish to honor the 223
> fellow
> troopers that will remain "Forever Young". Please visit their official
> website at www.goldenbrigade.org to learn more of their history".

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 10:48:16 AM

"Will" <noboby@nunaya.biz> wrote:

>What are you using and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
>I would like a small bounce/zoom flash with minimal manual controls ...
>don't want to negate the small form of the body with a monster flash.

I have an ist-D (not the DS) and I'm using a Sigma EF500 DG Super flash.
Very impressed with it so far.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Pete D wrote:
> I am using an Incablitz 280AZ but am saving up for a Sigma 500 series.

It's nice to know that works. I have one and it works with my Kodak DX6490, and
I was hoping to be able to use it with an ist DS when I get it.

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
!