Asus GTS450 TOP PSU requirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
In the link you provided it says there are 2 +12v rails, each says its 18A. Below those is a wattage 312 which is for both rails.
Each rail can provide 18A on its own but they both cant provide 18A at the same time 18+18 =36. This is because there is only 312 watts available to both rails to share, the math is, Watts divided by Volts = Amps. so 312 divided by 12= 26 A shared across both rails. Some PSU's can provide enough for both rails to provide the stated amount but quite a few cant like yours.

Mactronix :)
You will be fine the card only needs a single PCIE connector which you have. Also you have +12v/26A not 18A.
I have the same Power supply powering my old rig which is in the daughters room hapilly running a 4850 which is about the same power wise.
If you need reasurance look at this http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTS_450_TOP_DirectCU/

07ee17

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010

thanks! I'm not good about PSUs.
You said it is 26A but my PSU box has 18A written on it, dont know more about it...!

In the link you provided it says there are 2 +12v rails, each says its 18A. Below those is a wattage 312 which is for both rails.
Each rail can provide 18A on its own but they both cant provide 18A at the same time 18+18 =36. This is because there is only 312 watts available to both rails to share, the math is, Watts divided by Volts = Amps. so 312 divided by 12= 26 A shared across both rails. Some PSU's can provide enough for both rails to provide the stated amount but quite a few cant like yours.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.