laptop and external TFT... two resolutions??

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 12, 2005 8:56:29 PM

Hi,

I've and HP laptop with 15'4'' screen....and Radeon 9200 64Mb.
Recommended resolution for the laptop is 1280*800.
I want to connect a external TFT 17'' but now only can use the same
resolution in both screens...

I'd like to use 1280*800 with the laptop and 1280*765 with the external
monitor...

I use WinXP, and Mandrake 10 in the other partition

any idea??

Thanks in advance,

Hanna
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 14, 2005 10:08:27 PM

It appears that 39gmeiF613caoU3@individual.net,
Hanna <sfreire1@yahoo.es> shook an Etch A Sketch before scribbling:
> Hi,
>
> I've and HP laptop with 15'4'' screen....and Radeon 9200 64Mb.
> Recommended resolution for the laptop is 1280*800.
> I want to connect a external TFT 17'' but now only can use the same
> resolution in both screens...
>
> I'd like to use 1280*800 with the laptop and 1280*765 with the
> external monitor...
>
> I use WinXP, and Mandrake 10 in the other partition
>
> any idea??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hanna

Without knowing what model HP you have, it's hard to help much. The
external connector *should* be able to go to whatever resolution you want.
The thing to remember is that you really want to drive a TFT display at it's
native resolution, so you need to find an external screen with specs that
exactly meet your requirements.
!