Is GTX 570 ready to be released?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 11:48:49 AM

I guys.

I found this today.

GTX 570 Pre-Order

Quote:
The latest addition to the family is the GTX570. Giving performance to match the GTX480 while running on 10% less power shows how much more efficient this card is.

nVidia GeForce GTX570

Latest Fermi technology with a core speed of 732MHz with 1.28GB of 320-bit GDDR5 memory at 3,800MHz

Based on GF110 processor with 480 CUDA Cores, it has two 6 pin power connectors and draws 225w.

What do you think? Should not be 512 CUDA Cores?

You can comment in the official GTX 5xx thread located here

More about : gtx 570 ready released

a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:32:41 PM

Quote:
Nvidia sucks big time.This is what fermi should have been when released.They are now unlocking some cores and making a new series to counter ati 6000 series.

And ATi/AMD have to cheat in their drivers to compete not forgetting that the 6xxx series is only a re-jig of the 5xxx series to try and bring the tess up to scratch. Or do you not want to look at things like that?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:39:23 PM

Mousemonkey said:
And ATi/AMD have to cheat in their drivers to compete not forgetting that the 6xxx series is only a re-jig of the 5xxx series to try and bring the tess up to scratch. Or do you not want to look at things like that?

The last time you went on your sad little "cheat" crusade, you soon shut up when evidence was posted that proved nVidia was full of it as usual.

Why are you bringing it back up now then?
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:43:15 PM

eyefinity said:
The last time you went on your sad little "cheat" crusade, you soon shut up when evidence was posted that proved nVidia was full of it as usual.

It's been proven that Ati/AMD have lowered the IQ for the default settings, it's only the blind fanatical fanboys (and girls) who refuse to believe it.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:49:12 PM

Mousemonkey said:
It's been proven that Ati/AMD have lowered the IQ for the default settings, it's only the blind fanatical fanboys (and girls) who refuse to believe it.

Lowering the default setting so that it on par with nVidia's setting isn't cheating. nVidia should spend more time optimising overall instead of optimising for specific games.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:52:24 PM

Quote:
Just wait for 6900 series.Current 6800 series is already giving green cards the run for its money. Guru 3d has already confirmed that there is no difference between pic quality.
Quote:
So the difference at default driver setting in-between AMD and NVIDIA is as far as we are concerned NIL

www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-review/9

And what about TWIMTBP games which always favors nvidia.Why? becoz nvidia bribed those greedy dev.

In the latest update to that the conclusion has changed.

Quote:
So the moral right thing to do for AMD/ATI is to make the High Quality setting the standard default. But again here we have to acknowledge that it remains a hard to recognize and detect series of optimizations, but it is there and it can be detected.

Source.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 12:54:31 PM

eyefinity said:
Lowering the default setting so that it on par with nVidia's setting isn't cheating. nVidia should spend more time optimising overall instead of optimising for specific games.

But it isn't on par it's lower.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:01:59 PM

So in one game the quality is lower, and only because it uses really bad anisotropic filtering. And if you want, you can increase the AF and it'll be the same quality

One game, and for that it's supposed to be "cheating"? I bet I can find games where the quality is lower on nVidia cards.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:06:25 PM

eyefinity said:
So in one game the quality is lower, and only because it uses really bad anisotropic filtering. And if you want, you can increase the AF and it'll be the same quality

One game, and for that it's supposed to be "cheating"? I bet I can find games where the quality is lower on nVidia cards.

I think you'll find that as the "optimization" is in the drivers it's affect will be seen in more than one game but you go off and do whatever you like, your opinion means nothing to me.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:20:48 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I think you'll find that as the "optimization" is in the drivers it's affect will be seen in more than one game but you go off and do whatever you like, your opinion means nothing to me.

Can you find any other games where the image quality is worse, or is it this one, single game?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:21:54 PM

Quote:
Eyefinty do you have some kind of software installed in your web browser which informs you everytime a flame thread starts here in Tom.You hardly help anyone here but everytime a flame thread starts you pop out of nowhere and start bashing nvidia.

That's called "FanBoy" :lol: 
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:24:16 PM

eyefinity said:
Can you find any other games where the image quality is worse, or is it this one, single game?

I haven't gone looking I've just seen the articles posted on the web. But once again you answer a perfectly reasonable question from another member with an uncalled for insult, what is it with you?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:26:37 PM

i agree the 500's are what fermi was supposed to be, but the later 400's were good the 460 and 450 in particular stand out , 480 470 and 465 being crippled chips.

ati has some good competition in the works with the upcoming 6900 series which might give them the single gpu crown back, however we won't know until we see benchmarks, lets nto flame war ehre lets just discuss the possibilities of the 570's in a mature unflaming/blaming method.

the fact is both nvidia and ati have done cookign to their drivers to show better performance it'll keep happening but as long as its hard to precieve its almost a mute point. if amd really is onyl implementing it when you would experience a framerate drop then i'd say it worth it, if its just to skew benchmarks then its cheating... in the end vote with your wallet on your own card and keep toms a happpy place where people can come to DISCUSs/debate tech info in a non hostiel inviroment :D 

*edit* I'm a terrible speller
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:27:33 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I haven't gone looking I've just seen the articles posted on the web. But once again you answer a perfectly reasonable question from another member with an uncalled for insult, what is it with you?

Perfectly reasonable? You gotta be kidding me. HE started on nVidia then blamed it on me?

He then says I hardly help anyone, would you like to see how many "best answers" I have?

His flamebait should have been deleted, but you don't delete anything that insults me, do you mousemonkey.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 1:40:04 PM

Quote:
Nvidia sucks big time.This is what fermi should have been when released.They are now unlocking some cores and making a new series to counter ati 6000 series.

Your comment makes no sense (par ?). A 'new' model is better, more refined than a past one. Thats usually how PROGRESS works. They had trouble going from design to manufacturing with the G100, its why it took to revision A3 , before working chips were sold.
The g110 is A1, it has changes which have allowed the full design to be manufactured and it has other upgrades. Its a better faster gpu.
December 3, 2010 2:01:06 PM

Re: OP

YoYo Tech got it right. The GTX 570 has 480 cores, same as the GTX 480. It's the GTX 580 that has 512.

Way to keep it on topic, everyone.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:06:10 PM

eyefinity said:
Perfectly reasonable? You gotta be kidding me. HE started on nVidia then blamed it on me?

He then says I hardly help anyone, would you like to see how many "best answers" I have?

His flamebait should have been deleted, but you don't delete anything that insults me, do you mousemonkey.

He asked you a question, how is that an insult?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:40:40 PM

Just because Nvidia didn't get the 4xx series right doesn't meant they suck. It just means they didn't get it right that time round.

Also, their TWIMTBP program means that Devs optimise games for Nvidia based cards. That isn't evil or cheating or bribery, that's just good business partnership making.

The 5 series is here now, more are coming soon and everyone is saying that it's what Fermi should have been with the off. Why are we complaining? What we supposedly wanted is finally here so that should be great right?

Could we seriously stop with the flaming each other, I come to Toms to try and avoid this commonly found on other forums.

Before someone calls me a Nvidia fanboy for what i think, check my graphics card in my sig.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:45:19 PM

Mousemonkey said:
He asked you a question, how is that an insult?

I said it was FLAMEBAIT. And seeing as I responded in kind, that should be proof.

Now are you seriously telling me that
Quote:
Eyefinty do you have some kind of software installed in your web browser which informs you everytime a flame thread starts here in Tom.

Is a reasonable question?

And do you agree with
Quote:
You hardly help anyone here but everytime a flame thread starts you pop out of nowhere and start bashing nvidia.

Why don't you answer my very reasonable questions?
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:48:17 PM

So your question to me was flamebait and I should see it as an insult as well should I?
eyefinity said:

a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:48:30 PM

Quote:
Hey eyefinity i would love to see your Best Answer counts.

Would you now?

I'll give you a little hint, I have the graphics (10 best answers) badge as well. The diffence is, I didn't need 4000 posts to get it. :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:50:13 PM

Mousemonkey said:
So your question to me was flamebait and I should see it as an insult as well should I?

No that was a question. Last time you went on this cheating crusade, you shut up after the evidence was posted. Should I link the thread? Fine.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

You didn't feel it was worth continuing then, so why do you feel it is now?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:51:43 PM

best answer counts shouldn't be the tom's d&*# measuring contest

fact is eyefinity can be and is often very helpful to people

here's one example of the many out there

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/303464-33-8600gt-card...

dip also helps people out alot of folks, some poeple just get passionate about a card vendor... i say go where the benchmarks lead :D 

i don't even get why people have ti fight, i'm with griff i come here because 95% of the time peopel are reasonable and dare i say it... nice
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:56:07 PM

The comments that must be placed here should be about the GTX 570 article and release NOT about BA and other discussions.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 2:56:10 PM

eyefinity said:
No that was a question. Last time you went on this cheating crusade, you shut up after the evidence was posted. Should I link the thread? Fine.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=t...

You didn't feel it was worth continuing then, so why do you feel it is now?

I made one post in that thread! :lol:  But going by your rules, if a question is asked then it's an insult and flamebait and you were the one who started it this time.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:04:10 PM

Quote:
I have 60 BA [hint silver badge].

Just wait until you hit 160+, you might not be so happy then if the badges mean anything to you. [:mousemonkey]
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:06:32 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Just wait until you hit 160+, you might not be so happy then if the badges mean anything to you. [:mousemonkey]

:lol:  totally agree :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:09:21 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I made one post in that thread! :lol:  But going by your rules, if a question is asked then it's an insult and flamebait and you were the one who started it this time.

No, however if the question is asked in order to solicit a negative response, it is flamebait.

Now, what do you call this again?

Quote:
Eyefinty do you have some kind of software installed in your web browser which informs you everytime a flame thread starts here in Tom.

Of course we already know that you believe it is a "perfectly reasonable question". To any decent mod that would be flamebait - especially when followed up with a plain lie stating that "I never help anyone".
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:11:12 PM

Quote:
So 160 BA equals gold badge.

No, 150 does 160+ unlocks the BoM "Easter Egg". :lol: 
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:13:18 PM

eyefinity said:
No, however if the question is asked in order to solicit a negative response, it is flamebait.

Quote:

Of course we already know that you believe it is a "perfectly reasonable question". To any decent mod that would be flamebait - especially when followed up with a plain lie stating that "I never help anyone".

I call that the same kind of flamebait question you asked me, which was followed by the same kind of lie that I had "shut up".
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:14:05 PM

eyefinity said:

Quote:

You are attacking to the Tom's mod team and other users too, so, please calm down.

Focus on the thread, if you aren't agree with other opinions refused but WITH arguments and not with other threads and old problems.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:19:34 PM

Back on topic, I think the 560 is the one to wait for or at least it is for me and if a pair of them cost less than a single 580 but outperform it most games then I shall be only too happy to pick up a pair and retire my 8800's to other duties.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:26:58 PM

saint19 said:
You are attacking to the Tom's mod team and other users too, so, please calm down.

Focus on the thread, if you aren't agree with other opinions refused but WITH arguments and not with other threads and old problems.

And isn't that what I did?

Mousemonkey drags out the same tired old nonsense about ATI cheats over and over. It's all he has.

Dipanker starts more flame threads than everybody else put together and that's a fact. Now I might make a lot of noise in the same threads, but you'll never find me in one that didn't already have a flame started either by him or mousemonkey.

I'm gonna ask you a real simple question saint19. Do you consider

Quote:
Eyefinty do you have some kind of software installed in your web browser which informs you everytime a flame thread starts here in Tom.You hardly help anyone here but everytime a flame thread starts you pop out of nowhere and start bashing nvidia.

To be a perfectly reasonable question, or was it flamebait?
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:33:03 PM

eyefinity said:
Mousemonkey drags out the same tired old nonsense about ATI cheats over and over. It's all he has.

Oh really! Last time you accused me of only going on about ATi's crappy drivers crashing all the time. :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:41:43 PM

Quote:
Seems like you are indeed blind.That's why you failed to notice my silver badge.

You understand the difference between 4000 posts (you) and <650 posts (me). Right?

And mousemonkey, I guess you just deleted some of the threads where I got best answer, removing my graphics badge. :lol: 
December 3, 2010 3:42:05 PM

I will wait 590+ . honestly, if not using for 3D or super big monitor , there is no much game real need any card better than 460OC amt.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:44:54 PM

g00fysmiley said:
best answer counts shouldn't be the tom's d&*# measuring contest

fact is eyefinity can be and is often very helpful to people

here's one example of the many out there

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/303464-33-8600gt-card...

dip also helps people out alot of folks, some poeple just get passionate about a card vendor... i say go where the benchmarks lead :D 

i don't even get why people have ti fight, i'm with griff i come here because 95% of the time peopel are reasonable and dare i say it... nice

Goofey, you see it now? No best answer anymore. I wonder which mod deleted it, so I lost my graphics badge.

That is the kind of mod he is.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:50:44 PM

unless he did it before i linked it, i didn't see him as voting a best answer, btu he did thank us all and you by name for out help and reseach which was nice :D 

i do still see your badge though as bronze
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:54:22 PM

g00fysmiley said:
unless he did it before i linked it, i didn't see him as voting a best answer, btu he did thank us all and you by name for out help and reseach which was nice :D 

i do still see your badge though as bronze

Do you see the "Graphics" badge in my profile for 10 best answers? Because it isn't showing for me any longer.
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:56:23 PM

eyefinity said:
And mousemonkey, I guess you just deleted some of the threads where I got best answer, removing my graphics badge. :lol: 

eyefinity said:
Goofey, you see it now? No best answer anymore. I wonder which mod deleted it, so I lost my graphics badge.

That is the kind of mod he is.

Once again you make baseless accusations, you really are a troubled soul aren't you. :pfff: 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 3:57:39 PM

eyefinity and mousemonkey you guys are like ATI/AMD and Nvidia fighting all the time for the "market share" on the forums =))).

a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:01:47 PM

ionut19 said:
eyefinity and mousemonkey you guys are like ATI/AMD and Nvidia fighting all the time for the "market share" on the forums =))).

But who can have greater affect on the other? [:mousemonkey] :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:12:10 PM

You'll get found out mousemonkey. Your type always does. :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:13:22 PM

It is kinda weird that you made your post right in-between my two pictures taken at 17:55 and 17:58 though isn't it?
a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:13:24 PM

eyefinity said:
You'll get found out mousemonkey. Your type always does. :) 

So where's your evidence then?
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:14:05 PM

yea eyefinity i still show the bronze badge man :D 

its kinda funny seeing peopel on here i'd say i'm a rgular but not usually showing much personality, people ask questions and i try to help them make informed decitions generall leaning in one direction or the other but ultimatly giving them the positives of either side.

mouse monkey is funny as hell and a fellow biker so he gets respect there... his bike is bigger than mine though (ducati monster 620)

eyefinity you are definatly smart, you can be veyr reasonable but you let things get under your skin, turn it into a joke and laugh it off, you seem like a nice guy who does go a long way and searches for benchmarks and reviews to get your point. it susually ati slanted but you still put up reasonable arguments

dip jus thas a mostly dry sense of humor i don't think peopel getwhen he's being sarcastic but thats cause sarcasm doesn' go into txt well still he also is very helpful and an asset to the community

so lets just talk about the 570 and resume homeostatis of toms forums

and i'm with mm on the wanting to see what the 560 works out to be, but the 570 i'm hoping is a nice improvment over the 470 (which is still a good card, jus thoping its a full tier higher more on par with the 480 in performance)

a c 271 U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:18:10 PM

A 620 Duke eh? I do like a nice V-twin but I've not had a Duke yet.
a b U Graphics card
December 3, 2010 4:28:20 PM

it'd be a shorty list to say whats correct with my english. suffice it to say i am good at numbers and bad at words

i could go into the explination but suffice it to say i am slightly dislexic so i actually sometimes think i am spelling things correctly but am in fact not. also there's a small disorder in there but i think i function well enough i have trouble communicating, but i do have a wife and pretty good life despite it, so i'd say i'm doign alright despite the issues :D 

and mm i love my ducati its fun, not super fast, but it handles awsome, before this one it was a buell x-1 lightning... exact opposite decent handling but not amazing... but man that thing screamed in a straight line
!