About robots & stuff

Few questions:

1) Can they still lay cloaked mines (bots)?

2) Can they move from jumpgate before minefield activation occurs? I
was bit surprised when I noticed that couple cat's paws had entered 20+
lys inside my webs. Must be lucky guy or I don't know something about
movement.

3) bonus question: are engines repaired faster than hull & other
equipment? I'm sure they are, but I want to make sure. It will take
forever for me to repair my hull & other equipment, but in other hand
my enemies can take 88% damage to their engines and it is gone next
turn. Quite annoying sometimes:) I guess warp-engine technology is
quite primitive and easy to fix;)

<widal@hotmail.com> schrieb
> Few questions:
>
> 1) Can they still lay cloaked mines (bots)?

I belive so, Tim took back the planed fix on this and said it will stay

> 2) Can they move from jumpgate before minefield activation occurs? I
> was bit surprised when I noticed that couple cat's paws had entered 20+
> lys inside my webs. Must be lucky guy or I don't know something about
> movement.

definitely not.
Perhaps you didn´t see them the turn they came out of the JG (if you hadn´t
a scan from them before they entered, you won´t have one, once they left the
gate) and they moved at save speed, though 20 Ly seems a bit much to sneak
through.

> 3) bonus question: are engines repaired faster than hull & other
> equipment? I'm sure they are, but I want to make sure. It will take
> forever for me to repair my hull & other equipment, but in other hand
> my enemies can take 88% damage to their engines and it is gone next
> turn. Quite annoying sometimes:) I guess warp-engine technology is
> quite primitive and easy to fix;)

There is no limit to engine repairs. Engines with 100% damage will be
repaird in just 1 turn, if enough repairs are available

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

"Ralph Hoenig" <R.Hoenig-Ellenberg@t-online.de> wrote in message

> <widal@hotmail.com> schrieb
> > Few questions:
> >
> > 1) Can they still lay cloaked mines (bots)?
>
> I belive so, Tim took back the planed fix on this and said it will stay

Tim replied to this question of mine a few days ago; robots can lay cloaked
mines, but they only stay cloaked for 1 turn before activating
automatically.