Replacing motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabishead

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
So I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard but I have a few questions before I do or buy anything.

What I have now is a Lancaster8 SR5202HM LGA 775
Intel Celeron E3400 2.6ghz cpu
2gbs of Ram
and a psu of 250 w
W/ Vista Home Premium Edition.
No Gpu or anything like that yet.
Soon here I'm going to purchase a new gpu and 400w psu and eventually a new 500gb sata hdd (which is what got me started on the look for a new mobo with more sata connectors.) and for the one I found all parts seem to be compatible.

The new motherboard I am considering buying is below.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=61486&CatId=4658

Right now my mobo only supports ddr2 ram and the new one supports ddr3 up to 8gb so I know I need to upgrade ram which isnt an issue and

What I'm wondering is when the motherboard is replaced and everything is connected like it should be will I run into any issues? Will I need a bigger psu? Will I need to update anything? New Drivers? etc? Thanks

Solution
After everything is connected , first install Windows, after that the drivers and all other stuffs from the CD what is in your motherboard box, after that your GPU drivers what come also in the box. After that you can search and update the drivers from your mobo and GPU.
After everything is connected , first install Windows, after that the drivers and all other stuffs from the CD what is in your motherboard box, after that your GPU drivers what come also in the box. After that you can search and update the drivers from your mobo and GPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.