Will Panther Point support Intel Extreme Memory Profile?

Solution
The IB will default to the highest 'SPD' not XMP as encoded in the RAM, but not faster that the IB's default aka DDR3-1600. Meaning, in order for DDR3-1866 full speed to be achieved you'll need to either set the {DRAM Frequency-> DDR3-1866MHz or Memory Multiplier-> 18.66} depending on the MOBO.

I OC my RAM greater than its' Rated Frequency, CAS Timings, and Voltage. So will OC'ing the RAM shorten it's life -- depends on how much Voltage is applied to the DRAM and also the CPU's IMC; exceeding the Voltages does 'shorten' its' life, but the $100 question is by 'How Much'?

The answer is how much above BOTH the CPU's and RAM's rated voltages. The IB more than likely will be DDR3 @ 1.50v, but it might be 1.35v -- no one knows yet. On the...
The chipsets have nothing to do with (XMP), and XMP is 100% Intel and won't work on AMD. AMD simply uses 'SPD' aka JEDEC. In either case I prefer not to use XMP and always set the RAM manually.

The second question, DDR3 isn't going away anytime soon and SB, SB-E, IB, IB-E, AMD, FX, etc all will use DDR3. The SB-E, IB, IB-E, FX, however are going to have a default memory frequency of DDR3-1600 and FX DDR3-1866 but can and will run DDR3-1333 with some (1%~2%+) hit in overall performance. The SB, SB-E, IB, IB-E, FX can support DDR3-2400 and to an extent do benefit from the higher frequencies.

In general, I recommend DDR3-1600 CAS 8/9 with 4GB/stick densities.

Best generic answer I can give you.

The IB will default to the highest 'SPD' not XMP as encoded in the RAM, but not faster that the IB's default aka DDR3-1600. Meaning, in order for DDR3-1866 full speed to be achieved you'll need to either set the {DRAM Frequency-> DDR3-1866MHz or Memory Multiplier-> 18.66} depending on the MOBO.

I OC my RAM greater than its' Rated Frequency, CAS Timings, and Voltage. So will OC'ing the RAM shorten it's life -- depends on how much Voltage is applied to the DRAM and also the CPU's IMC; exceeding the Voltages does 'shorten' its' life, but the $100 question is by 'How Much'?

The answer is how much above BOTH the CPU's and RAM's rated voltages. The IB more than likely will be DDR3 @ 1.50v, but it might be 1.35v -- no one knows yet. On the current Sandy Bridge (SB) the limit is 1.55v~1.60v and VCCIO (IMC) of 1.20v with no damage. However, the real damage is from 'K' or 'X' styled CPU's SB or SB-E exceeding vCore's >1.35v~1.40v.

I've been OC'ing for a l-o-n-g time and the stuff I damage 9/10 are the GPU's and very rarely the CPU or RAM. Unlike the CPU most RAM has a 'Lifetime Warranty' and ditto on some GPU's -- so I don't worry about those components. As far as CPU's IMO the real damage is less from the Voltage and considerably more from the Temperatures -- so I water cool. I keep further way from the CPU's TJMax than 99% of the air cooled and stock temps. Therefore, long-term damage doesn't concern me.

Solution