Sign in with
Your question

Asus m5a97 no vga detected

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2012 2:20:02 PM

Okay, i recieved my new computer today, put it together and i can't get any display on my monitor, after about 4 hours of messing around with it, unplugging, using different slots etc.
plugged in the speaker, got 1 long beep, 3 short beeps (meaning no vga detected)
I'm thinking that lack of drivers is the problem, but i can't do much about that.
And my motherboard doesn't have anywhere i can plug a vga into, so no on-board graphics that i know of.

Specs:
Asus M5A97 AM3+
8GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz 2x4GB
Point of View GeForce GTX 560 2gb
AMD Phenom II x6 2.7ghz 1045t
650W PSU
a c 400 V Motherboard
January 6, 2012 2:42:36 AM

Assuming you know the card is OK, it May be the PCIe slot/chipset is defective. I've had a couple boards with that problem just recently. Replacing the boards solved the problem.
a c 81 V Motherboard
January 6, 2012 5:34:21 AM

If you have finished messing around with it, here's my suggestion.
Get the Board out of the case, disconnect everything.
Clear The CMOS.
And since you say a lack of drivers might be the problem, I am most probably correct when I say you have very little or absolutely no experience with computers. Drivers don't come into play at the BIOS level of things..... they come into play only after preliminary booting is finished and OS initialization starts.

Next step, leave only 1 stick of RAM in the first slot of the mobo.
Connect the Mobo 24 Pin Power to the PSU plus the ATX 12V Power connector too.

Put your GPU, the POV GTX560, into the first PCIe Slot, the Blue One, connect it's PCI-E 6-pin power to the PSU too.

Connect the Monitor to the DVI connector at the back.
Power up the rig and tell us what happens next.
!