Cord to connect computer to tv

Bookable

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Is there a cord that transfers video and sound from the computer to a tv? I know of the s-video cord but is there another way that will make it look better without having a VGA port on my tv (or a hdmi)? If its not just one cord could someone show me what will work?

Thanks in advance!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Again, there are plenty of adapters available online, but we need to know exactly what you have available in the way of connections before we can make a recommendation. If your TV only has S-Video, then why are you concerned about composite cords?

If you can tell us the make and model of your TV as well as the make and model of your PC's graphics card, that would help as well.

-Wolf sends

Bookable

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I have 2 DVI ports on my graphics card along with one S-Video port. On my tv i have 1 s-video port and multiple composite. Is s-video better quality than composite? (By composite i mean Yellow, White, Red......Not Red, Green, and Blue)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes. S-Video is better than composite (Yellow and Red, White for audio), but not as good as Component (Red, Green, Blue and Red, White for audio). If your TV has an S-Video port available, I'd just use that, directly connected from your PC. Otherwise, use the S-Video to Composite adapter cable. You will need to run a separate cable for audio.

-Wolf sends