Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2010 8:45:08 PM

Hi all. I have a problem with my system. The following is my comp, Asus-M4N75TD mb, 4 GIG ram 1000 ps, 2- GTS250 1 gig cards. I can't seem to get the sli applyed in the nvidia control panel. However when I ck on maximize 3d performance & hit apply a box comes up close program manager. I can't close it I did the ctr alt del & that did not work. I am also not sure if the physx is working. I read someware that you need a cable from each video card, is that true? I am just not sure how to set the cards up. Any help would be great . Thank you Dax

More about : nvidia

a c 171 Î Nvidia
December 4, 2010 12:28:17 PM

Dax58 said:
Hi all. I have a problem with my system. The following is my comp, Asus-M4N75TD mb, 4 GIG ram 1000 ps, 2- GTS250 1 gig cards. I can't seem to get the sli applyed in the nvidia control panel. However when I ck on maximize 3d performance & hit apply a box comes up close program manager. I can't close it I did the ctr alt del & that did not work. I am also not sure if the physx is working. I read someware that you need a cable from each video card, is that true? I am just not sure how to set the cards up. Any help would be great . Thank you Dax

Do you have the auxiliary power leads plugged into both of the cards?
m
l
December 12, 2010 8:44:46 PM

mousemonkey, yes I have both cards pluged in.
m
l
Related resources
a c 171 Î Nvidia
December 12, 2010 8:57:37 PM

So both cards have the six pin power leads plugged in and the Sli bridge is on? Have you got another SLi bridge to try as they can cause problems if they are damaged.
m
l
December 13, 2010 12:30:21 PM

mousemonkey. I did download an update from Nvidia & I was able to get the SLI working now. Thanks for all the help. Mike
m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
December 13, 2010 6:03:02 PM

Shweet, game on dude!
m
l
a c 388 Î Nvidia
December 13, 2010 6:41:12 PM

Just to add, you do not need a separate cable for PhysX. I suspect you already discovered that your PhysX is working fine anyway.
m
l
!