Nvidia GeForce 6600GT Issue

I recently had to re-install Windows XP; which amongst the re-installing of software and all sorts of other hiccups also gave me the following situation;

I downloaded and installed the driver for my Nvidia GeForce 6600GT graphics card from their website and installed it - but when I go to my preferred resolution of 1280 x 720 everything seems to bunch up to the left-hand side of the screen and I get the sort of text indicating a display issue (that choppy, horrid 'Windows-type' look if that makes any sense.) I get the same horrid appearance on other resolutions too.

So I uninstalled the driver... which allows me to view 1280 x 720 resolution perfectly but gives me the shuddering scrolling effect...

Please can somebody help be solve this problem???

Thanks,
Nath
7 answers Last reply
More about nvidia geforce 6600gt issue
  1. Inspect the card for any damage such as a bad fan or failed capacitors. Clean the card if there is any dust and once done try the latest drive from Nvidia and not the manufacture.
  2. There doesnt appear to be any damage to the card.
    Driver was the latest Nvidia driver for that card/card series
  3. Did you clean any dust if there was any? Try a older driver and see then. Is it pci-e or agp?
  4. It is PCI-E

Where can I get an older driver? I've tried the 6600GT driver and also a 'Standard VGA Driver' from Nvidia, both of which had the same effect.
  5. killingzeasy said:
    It is PCI-E

Where can I get an older driver? I've tried the 6600GT driver and also a 'Standard VGA Driver' from Nvidia, both of which had the same effect.

The Nvidia site has the older drivers back to the 186's.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
  6. And which drivers should I be trying??
  7. killingzeasy said:
    And which drivers should I be trying??

Go from the oldest (186.) and work forward but if the 186's give you the same problem then it may be that the card has gone kaput.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Geforce Graphics