Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ATI Eyefinity Help!! (Displayport)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 3, 2010 10:07:58 PM

Do you know if this(HP DisplayPort to DVI Adapter 481409-001) will work for Ati eyefinity?, i have HD6850 and im not going over 1920x1080 so i know i don't need a active adapter, if this doesn't work im gonna be be upset :/ 

One last thing, i saw this model number(481409-001) in Google search and it happens to match this here(HP BIZLINK DISPLAYPORT TO DVI ADAPTER) its a HP but i guess bizlinks adapter resold as HP im not sure....But i know Bizlink is supported for Eyefinity.

Thanks
December 3, 2010 10:44:22 PM

timmy121 said:
Do you know if this(HP DisplayPort to DVI Adapter 481409-001) will work for Ati eyefinity?, i have HD6850 and im not going over 1920x1080 so i know i don't need a active adapter, if this doesn't work im gonna be be upset :/ 

One last thing, i saw this model number(481409-001) in Google search and it happens to match this here(HP BIZLINK DISPLAYPORT TO DVI ADAPTER) its a HP but i guess bizlinks adapter resold as HP im not sure....But i know Bizlink is supported for Eyefinity.

Thanks

I see no answers yet but i was looking trough the forums and i found that if i use my 2xDVI to my video card and a DP to VGA on my 3rd lcd it should work, but my next question is can i use a DVI to VGA converter on this HP DP to DVI cause i just won it for 99cents and idk if i wanna pay for it now lol but if a DVI to VGA will work on this HP DP to DVI then i'll go for it and run 3 screens via Eyefinity.
m
l
December 4, 2010 6:13:37 AM

so I found that i cant use a DVI to VGA on this adapter because its DVI-D(Digital only) not DVI-I(Digital & Analog), but i am using atm 1x DVI-D cable and 1x DVI to VGA to my video card, my last lcd uses DVI-D so im wondering if this would work since technically im using 1x VGA and 1x DVI, the third DVI connection needs to be active if im using DVI on all 3 monitors.......am i right?

So since im using a DVI to VGA wont the video card read it as 1x DVI and 1x VGA or will it still think both DVI connections are running Digital?

As TheGreatGrapeApe said Passive will work for TMDS + RAMDAC solutions, but for any combo of just three of one of those types, THEN requires an active adapter.

3 DVI requires an active DP to DVI adapter.

2 DVI + 1 VGA will work on a passive DP-VGA adapter.

So will my card think its running 2 DVI with 1x DVI and 1x DVI to VGA? if not then i should be able to run my third monitor off this HP DP to DVI-D and this will be the 2nd TMDS used while the DVI to VGA is using 1st RAMDAC.
m
l
Related resources
December 5, 2010 11:11:45 AM

well just incase i went ahead and just bought this cable from newegg, its say's its active so i should be good.

DP to DVI
m
l
December 5, 2010 7:27:33 PM

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm not so sure that cable'll work.

The one I have, and all the ones I've seen, are like this . Matter of fact, that's the exact one I have and from the same place I ordered mine. It plugs into the DisplayPort of the 5870 and a USB port of your choice and then run a DVI cable from the adapter to the monitor.

Good luck!

m
l

Best solution

December 5, 2010 11:27:54 PM

I ordered the same part. HIS also has the same part, just repackaged. Since it seems that this part was designed specifically to add a third DVI monitor by the graphics cards manufacturers I'm hoping that it will work. If not I'll RMA and put the money towards a full active part.
December 7, 2010 1:15:12 PM

Best answer selected by timmy121.
m
l
!