Sign in with
Your question

Asus vs GigaByte vs MSI

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2012 3:17:39 PM

1. Asus P8Z68-V LX
2. GigaByte Z68AP-D3
3. MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)

Hey guys, I'm planning to build a new rig for myself and I'm wondering which motherboard should I get between these 3. I would be using them to overclock i5 2500k and GTX 570. And I'm not planning to SLI nor CrossFireX so I think these are good for the money. If you guys can think of a better motherboard which had about the same price as one of these, feel free to suggest to me. Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks!

More about : asus gigabyte msi

a c 107 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 5, 2012 3:30:05 PM

Now i see what you want. From those what you choosed Asus is the best of them.
m
l
January 5, 2012 3:59:20 PM

Either of those motherboard would do just fine, technically, but I would personally recommend this board.

Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It may be a mini-ATX, however, it would perfectly fit your single graphics card. Also, it has the advantages of having nice fat heat-sinks placed throughout the motherboard. When you overclock, heating on the on the CPU is not just the only problem, but so is heat buildup on the Mobo. For that reason investing in some nice heatsinks on the board would be useful if you are looking to do some serious overclock work.

ASUS makes high quality boards, so the security you get with buying from them is quite desirable. I only go ASUS personally, so there is bias in this post :D 
m
l
!