Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a new rounter.

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
July 1, 2010 2:50:24 AM

I had a netgear fvg318, The only thing I like it because It has 8 port. I want to switch to a new rounter. What is the choice? Thanks everyone.

More about : rounter

July 1, 2010 8:17:22 PM

What do you want it to do, and what is wrong with your current router?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
July 2, 2010 8:00:55 AM

I am looking for best rounter in the market. I want to have a stable rounter so i don't have to rebot few times a week. Thanks in advance.
m
l
July 2, 2010 3:20:19 PM

For a home router I personally use "D-Link DGL-4100"(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...), and I love this little beast... I can run a decent amount of torrents (throttle back the upload on the torrent client), online game, Host a TS2 server (VOIP), another PC surfing the net, and stream movies from my file server (at the same time). I have not had to reboot my router in over 6 months...

If you read the reviews (528) 80% gave this router 5 eggs... there will always be a few bad apples with any product... I was never a fan of D-Link until now, and I replace it because my "Cisco Small Business RVS4000" sucked, now it is a brick after I upgraded the firmware... and cisco wouldn't replace it because it was a month after the warranty expired.

Anyways, thats my two cents.... :) 
m
l
Anonymous
July 2, 2010 4:01:57 PM

Thanks tkrl26. I need a wireless router because i have two laptop up stir. D-Link DGL-4100 is a gaming router but i don't play game online only play on my TV only. But main issue is doesn't have the wireless. Thanks a lot.
m
l
Anonymous
July 3, 2010 6:30:00 AM

netgear WNDR3700 Is it a good router? Anyone know. Thanks
m
l
!