Sign in with
Your question

Processor comparisons

Last response: in CPUs
May 1, 2011 9:07:20 PM

Hi, I am in the market for a new laptop. My current laptop is fine for everything I do, except for video editing (for which I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8). For that task, it's just way under powered. The current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215, with an AMD Turion 1.8 GHz processor.
I would love to hear some recommendations for a new laptop that will do the editing job easily without breaking the bank.
Thanks!
Linda

More about : processor comparisons

May 1, 2011 9:36:14 PM

mccannl said:
Hi, I am in the market for a new laptop. My current laptop is fine for everything I do, except for video editing (for which I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8). For that task, it's just way under powered. The current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215, with an AMD Turion 1.8 GHz processor.
I would love to hear some recommendations for a new laptop that will do the editing job easily without breaking the bank.
Thanks!
Linda

I think the new Adobe Premiere can utilize the GPU for processing, so you might want to pick up something with a descent vid card, skip anything that has Intel HD or ATI 4200/4250 parts.

This lappy is pricy, but has some serious hardware, including a sandy bridge quad core and a good Nvidia GPU for CUDA and DirectCU support

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a c 79 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
May 1, 2011 9:52:32 PM

Can elements utilise intels quicksync?
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2011 10:57:32 PM

I dont know, but it doesn't matter, the sandy bridge i7 is the fastest non server grade processes on the market.
m
l
May 2, 2011 1:05:20 AM

vilenjan said:
I think the new Adobe Premiere can utilize the GPU for processing, so you might want to pick up something with a descent vid card, skip anything that has Intel HD or ATI 4200/4250 parts.

This lappy is pricy, but has some serious hardware, including a sandy bridge quad core and a good Nvidia GPU for CUDA and DirectCU support

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks very much for the suggestion!
m
l
!