Processor comparisons

Hi, I am in the market for a new laptop. My current laptop is fine for everything I do, except for video editing (for which I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8). For that task, it's just way under powered. The current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215, with an AMD Turion 1.8 GHz processor.
I would love to hear some recommendations for a new laptop that will do the editing job easily without breaking the bank.
Thanks!
Linda
4 answers Last reply
More about processor comparisons
  1. mccannl said:
    Hi, I am in the market for a new laptop. My current laptop is fine for everything I do, except for video editing (for which I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8). For that task, it's just way under powered. The current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215, with an AMD Turion 1.8 GHz processor.
    I would love to hear some recommendations for a new laptop that will do the editing job easily without breaking the bank.
    Thanks!
    Linda

I think the new Adobe Premiere can utilize the GPU for processing, so you might want to pick up something with a descent vid card, skip anything that has Intel HD or ATI 4200/4250 parts.

This lappy is pricy, but has some serious hardware, including a sandy bridge quad core and a good Nvidia GPU for CUDA and DirectCU support

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230004
  2. Can elements utilise intels quicksync?
  3. I dont know, but it doesn't matter, the sandy bridge i7 is the fastest non server grade processes on the market.
  4. vilenjan said:
    I think the new Adobe Premiere can utilize the GPU for processing, so you might want to pick up something with a descent vid card, skip anything that has Intel HD or ATI 4200/4250 parts.

This lappy is pricy, but has some serious hardware, including a sandy bridge quad core and a good Nvidia GPU for CUDA and DirectCU support

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230004

Thanks very much for the suggestion!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Processors Product