Looking for a Graphics card with certain outputs.

Zero_Lancer

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Here is my current dilemma. I currently use my SD tv as my monitor using S-video from my current GPU, but in maybe 2-3 months I will be buying an HDTV probably at 1080p and 120Hz if I can. So what I would like is a Graphics card that has S-video out (or TV out through VGA, I have a cord that converts VGA to S-video), and also HDMI out for my future TV. I know it's might not be possible to find such a graphics card, but any help would be most appreciated.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible
BUDGET RANGE: maybe somewhere around $150-$200, I'm willing to pay a bit more if I have to.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I will mostly be using it for gaming and videos. The games I want to play are older kinds of games with ps2 and xbox level of graphics if that makes sense, and some newer games that have come out. And the videos will probably be Blueray for my future TV. But I still want the best my budget can afford.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Currently have a GeForce 8400 GS and a Diablotek 450 watt ATX power supply

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.0Ghz but I unlocked the 4th core and now it says AMD Phenom II X4 b40 if that matters, ASUS M4A785-M MoBo with PCI-E 2.0, and 2 gigs of RAM but will probably be buying more in the future.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: TigerDirect.com or Newegg.com, whatever has it I guess

PARTS PREFERENCES: Probably would prefer ATI because I guess it works better with my MoBo and CPU, but if there is no such ATI graphics card then that's okay.

OVERCLOCKING: Probably not.
CROSSFIRE: unfortunatly don't know what that is.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Currently using my crappy SD tv as a monitor using 4-pin S-Video, but I plan on buying an HDTV with 1080p at 120Hz in a few months.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I know it's probably really hard to find such a graphics card, so Thank you to anyone who can help, I really appreciate it.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121394&cm_re=gts_450-_-14-121-394-_-Product

ati or nvidia cards will both work fine in your board, this card has a good special at 124.99 after mail in rebate 109.95

it also has a native vga out and hdmi out for both of your monitors. as you aren't looking for the latest games this will be more than powerful enough for your needs

i currently use this card it games well on my 1080p tv through an hdmi which it does audio over. which is nice

i also use the vga out for my monitor for wed usage at 1280x1024

if you wanna spend more money as long as it has a dvi out you can use a dvi to vga adapter, most cards do come with this, however this card has it as a native feature. however with a 450 watt psu you shouldn't go much past the gts 450

Zero_Lancer

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Awesome! Thank you so much, I really didn't think anyone would respond. This card will work perfectly. Again, thank you very much, you've made this guy extremely happy!