Acer aspire screen hinges

Has anyone had any problems with the plastic around the hinge areas
cracking. If so how common a problem is it. The laptop is not a year old yet
and I've only just noticed this. I intend to bring it up with the supplier
tommorrow but thought i would ask here first. A mate had the same problem
with his compaq so i decided to check mine because the lid has always been
tight to hinge.
3 answers Last reply
More about acer aspire screen hinges

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:52:27 GMT, "Gary Millar" <g.millar@tesco.net> wrote:

    :>Has anyone had any problems with the plastic around the hinge areas
    :>cracking. If so how common a problem is it. The laptop is not a year old yet
    :>and I've only just noticed this. I intend to bring it up with the supplier
    :>tommorrow but thought i would ask here first. A mate had the same problem
    :>with his compaq so i decided to check mine because the lid has always been
    :>tight to hinge.
    :>

    Sounds like the infamous Compal designed "binding hinges" that instead of
    loosening up over time they get tighter and tighter with use. The Toshibas
    built by Compal have the same issue.

    me/2

    yep - had that too on my 5 year old acer travelmate. funny thing is I
    noticed when I ebayed it last month that several of the people who were
    selling theirs at the same time had exactly the same crack in the same
    place.

    Of all 4 laptops I have possessed in the last 10 years there has ALWAYS
    been trouble with the hinges. Too tight (Olivetti) Disintegrating
    (powerbook 5300) Cracking case (ACER) Too loose (Vaio)

    How many more years do these people need before they get this right?

    Its less than a year old i am going to complain and see what happens.
    "mark andrew" <mark.andrew@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > yep - had that too on my 5 year old acer travelmate. funny thing is I
    > noticed when I ebayed it last month that several of the people who were
    > selling theirs at the same time had exactly the same crack in the same
    > place.
    >
    > Of all 4 laptops I have possessed in the last 10 years there has ALWAYS
    > been trouble with the hinges. Too tight (Olivetti) Disintegrating
    > (powerbook 5300) Cracking case (ACER) Too loose (Vaio)
    >
    > How many more years do these people need before they get this right?

Laptops Aspire Acer