Graphic Glitch with new EVGA GTS 450 - is it me or the card?

Hello,

I'm having some graphical glitches with a new video card i bought recently. The card is the EVGA GTS 450 SC (super clocked). I took a screen shot of me playing World of Warcraft for reference.

Glitch screenshot - http://www.flickr.com/photos/55105893@N08/5230324981/

What happens is two things. First, is the square shadows and I marked with the blue circle. These shadows are just extras and they follow me around as I move. They even conform to the terrain as if part of the game. You can even see one on the sign post. These shadows change as I play with the in-game settings and are mostly linked to the shadow and multisampling options. For example I may have everything on ultra setting without seeing a problem. I turn on multisampling to x2, or lower shadows to high and bamm, the shadow squares will appear. Once they are present they don't really go away. I can keep changing the options but they never disappear totally. (unless I turn off all shadows)

The other issue is the black dots you see in the picture. These do not appear until I keep playing with the options. They kind of flicker as I move around. These dots have shown up in other games as well as Photoshop when I was editing the screenshot. In photoshop I could grab the picture and quickly shake it around which would leave behind pixels of the image on the screen.

I want to find out if it is the card, drivers, or something else I've overlooked. I am leaning to the card but I want to be sure. I play these games at 1920x1080 with vertical sync on. Monitor is a 24" Asus and i'm connected via RGB with DVI adaptors (not sure if using HDMI will make a difference as I don't have the miniHDMI adaptor cord to test it right now). The GPU never got above 60*c (that was the max) and CPU was around 52*c

I've updated the drivers and even tried older drives doing a driver wipe and clean install each time. Again I'm thinking it is the card but I've never seen this so I want to be sure this type of glitch is not something I can fix on my end. Thanks for your time

MB: Gigabyte Ga-MA790GPT (on board graphics disabled)
Athlon II 630
8 gigs DDR3 1600 Adata
Antec EarthWats 650 PSU (also new and tried my old Antec 380 same issues)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
1 answer Last reply
More about graphic glitch evga card
  1. This is seen in several other games and not just in the GTS 450. This also happened in my older 8600 GTS. I think it is 'alpha channel' or clip map error but I am guessing here. I would not say this is a GTS 450 error but looking to be more like an game engine 'render' issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics