Sign in with
Your question

No sound on asrock 970 extreme4 no audio on asrock 970 extreme4

Last response: in Motherboards
January 5, 2012 8:20:13 PM

the sound card shows up in device manager as working properly and detests speakers plugged in but not a drop of sound from speakers
January 17, 2012 3:13:49 AM

I have the same problem, let me know if you find a solution....
m
l
a c 81 V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 4:32:20 AM

Have you tried the latest BIOS and audio drivers from the company (Asrock) site?
Confirm that the Onboard HD Audio is set to Enabled and not Auto in the BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2012 11:38:37 AM

I've tried updating to the latest BIOS/audio drivers. I've checked BIOS to set onboard audio from Auto to enabled. I've checked in Windows (7) to make sure the correct device is the default sound device and configured the speaker setup. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website as well (Realtek). I've even tried different speakers.
m
l
a c 81 V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 2:16:21 PM

Have either of you connected the HDMI audio output to it's header on the Mobo? Though it shouldn't make a difference but still.....
m
l
January 17, 2012 11:21:43 PM

Did that, still no dice. My playback devices is now showing the speakers unplugged after some toying around. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but before it was constantly showing them plugged in even when they weren't. Now it's just the opposite.
m
l
January 17, 2012 11:42:13 PM

update to windows 7 i had the same problem with windows xp then i updated to windows 7 than everything worked fine again :)  hope this helps
m
l
January 17, 2012 11:54:36 PM

I feel bad for kind of jacking this guy's thread but I hope I'm helping him out just as well. :p 

I am currently running Windows 7. One other thing I've found out is when I enable front panel audio in the BIOS the speakers show up as being plugged in to the front panel (the case I have doesn't have any front panel ports, therefor I don't have front panel connected on the mobo). I'm at a loss :fou: 

I'm running a system file check now to make sure I don't have any corrupt or missing Windows system files. I'm getting down to the nitty gritty and might just go out and buy a cheap PCI sound card
m
l
a c 81 V Motherboard
January 18, 2012 3:16:13 AM

You need to check, if something else is not plugged into the Mobos FPA Header. There could be a short behind there too. Just check to be on the safe side.
m
l
February 15, 2012 1:28:30 AM

jazoon said:
Did that, still no dice. My playback devices is now showing the speakers unplugged after some toying around. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but before it was constantly showing them plugged in even when they weren't. Now it's just the opposite.

Did you manage to sort this out? I am having this exact problem! It's getting very frustrating and tedious testing everything 20 times.

Thanks, Ryan.
m
l
July 28, 2012 9:15:27 PM

Hi, I am in the exast same s.. Spent the all afternoon trying to find a solution with the similar problem. My MB is a Asrock Extreme 7. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you.
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:58:37 PM

ya i 2 had the same prob i tried it solving a lot at last i went to service center the replaced the ic now its working fine ........:)  just do it
m
l
April 9, 2013 9:47:57 AM

was there ever a solution to this im having these problem and iv tried everything youve all tried and exactly the same symptoms
m
l
!