Oversize graphic card and asrock fatality misfit?

Sathyrica

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Good evening

I would like to say i've built a my new system today - but unfortunately there were some problems on the way. And one i couldn't solve myself was this one: my Graphic card (gainward gtx 570 phatom) doesn't fit into my asrock fatality p67 mobo... and all of that simply cuz sata connectors are in the way. I bought all those components yesterday.

Anyone got a clue what to do? I have my doubts that I will be able to give it back simply cause it doesn't fit - but i didn't expect that issue coming up - i thought it would be only a matter of wheter your case has the space to take the card but it doesn't seem so.

Help needed :(

arc00ta

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
I had the same issue with my GTX570, I ended up having to buy a board that had connectors out of the way. 90 degree wasn't an option for me because I was using all 4 SATA connectors, and I could only use 2 with 90 degree.

He should use ZERO 90 degree connectors with this setup if it's hitting his sideways facing SATA ports. Of course, he could use is Sandy Bridge SATA II Ports too until new SATA cables come in the mail. They don't all degrade over time and they don't degrade in two months of usage before you get to RMA the board.

arc00ta

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010

I looked up the board and you're right, they are sideways. Its possible the card may actually be hitting them though? I wonder if he could post a picture of the interference. He didn't specify that he was using 90 degree connectors unless I missed something.

Sathyrica

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
I haven't got any cables attached yet , still it hits the onboard connectors... i can't take a snapshot right now. Yeah they face sideways, meaning towards the place where the hdd hang abound. It hits about all 2 sata 2 and 1 sata 3 connector... i guess there's now way around but getting a new board. i'll sure give the store a call today, but i'll doubt that they'll give me a chance to return it.

Can you mount the hard drives anywhere else? I'm not sure what your'e saying, but it sounds like it's the case or hard drive locations that's the problem. I've never heard of a motherboard preventing a graphics card from fitting and I saw photos of that board--I don't see how it's possible.

Sathyrica

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Helloes again

As my English didn't suffice to make my point clear i've tried to take a few snapshots with my cell phone - actually not the best quality but it's enough to see what's the problem. Here we go:

number 1
number 2
number 3

Mrsh4dy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Strange.....

Have you tried any of the other pci-e slots?

EDIT: I just bought a p67 board though they are really hard to come by....
Suppliers have stopped all orders and only some vendors have them in inventory and only those are being sold

Sathyrica

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
As far as I've read the reason for the callback of p67 mobos was the degradation of sataII ports. That means i might get another motherboard of the same sort, with fixed components? I mean sadly this would force me to wait until april and then have the same problem again because it seems that my main issue is actually that i didn't check out the technical drawings of the motherboard to figure that it wouldn't fit (but seriously I wouldn't think that i'm able of doing this as i don't know the space between mobo and graphic card).

I really hope they refund me so I can make a wiser pick. :/

Are you certain the graphics card bracket (at the rear of the case) is inserted correctly? I've had trouble fitting cards in there, but never at SATA ports. It does not appear from your photos (or ASRock's website) that the SATA ports do anything unusual or that they should be blocking the card. Let me know if this helps.

Sathyrica

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011

This is really embarassing, but you are right - it actually fits in perfectly well. I thought that mounting bracket clips in automatically if you push in the graphic card far enough - but in fact i just had to lock the card by using my fingers. Too bad it ain't working yet - for whatsoever reason - but I'll get that topic to another thread.

Thanks very much to everyone responding - i apologize for teaing down AsRock-rep since it actually does not deserve to be put down on this base. Totally my fault, Sathyricas eyes misfit clearly.

<3 cookies and cakes to all of u