Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2010 12:36:07 PM

Hello,
my current rig is

asus p5kpl-am mobo

geforce gt220 1gb ddr3

pentium D 820 2.8ghz (dual core)

2gb ddr2 ram

B4 i formatted my pc, i use the MSI kombustor to stress my GFX card, and i can get around 90 fps under direct x 9 with no-AA....
but now....the render path just can select direct x 9 or 10, but onli opengl 2 and 3...

and my fps dropped seriously....

can anyone help me how to solve this??
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2010 3:30:01 PM

It's the software not your PC, so it's not a real problem.

Opengl is usually slower than D3D depending on the app, furmark dropped support for D3D several releases ago, and kombustor is based on furmark. Contac oZone3D if you don't like it.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2010 3:31:53 PM

Update to the latest driver available and check for dust in gpu/system. + Monitor your temps, it might be an overheating issue, use 'Hw monitor'
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2010 11:02:20 PM

but....my cpu and my gpu are not in overheating condition, i guess....
cpu:70++
gpu:50++

i mean when gaming...
but...b4 i face this problem...i can play modern warfare 2 smoothly on medium-high settings, but now, i cant even play modern warfare 1 on lowest setting SMOOTHLY!!!!

i had updated the priver...to newest version...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2010 2:08:04 AM

The cpu temperature seems kinda high, but not enough for it to throttle down and drop the framerate drastically, are you sure that is the real maximum temperature when playing games? download HWmonitor and let it run in the background while you play a game, post max cpu and gpu temps here.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2010 2:45:24 AM

55Range said:
Update to the latest driver available and check for dust in gpu/system. + Monitor your temps, it might be an overheating issue, use 'Hw monitor'

chiucheng said:
but....my cpu and my gpu are not in overheating condition, i guess....
cpu:70++
gpu:50++

i mean when gaming...
but...b4 i face this problem...i can play modern warfare 2 smoothly on medium-high settings, but now, i cant even play modern warfare 1 on lowest setting SMOOTHLY!!!!

i had updated the priver...to newest version...

Your temps with ++ don't seem accurate enough, download and install HW monitor, to have better monitoring.. Then post back whilst reading the Max temps , far right column when having gamed..
m
l
!