rohair008

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Hello,

I just purchased a biostar z68+ board, with a 2500k, GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.

Installed everything and I was having issues with the power starting but finally got that issue fixed.

But now when I start the power nothing on the screen appears, and LED1 is solid green but LED2 on the mobo is not doing anything. On the troubleshooting it indicated that the Memory is bad I believe, but it is brand new memory and I am pretty sure its kosher for the mobo.

But you guys know a lot more than me, thanks in advance

I guess, that RAM is 2 x 4GB sticks.... if so,
try starting the rig with just one of those sticks of RAM, if the first stick doesn't work, replace it with the other stick and see if it boots up.
If it doesn't work in the first white slot, try it in the first red slot.
Keep us posted on the result.
Those sticks are 1600 but the Boards accepts 1600 only in OC'ed conditions, so basically you'll have the RAM working at 1333 and not a 1600 until you OC the rig.

rohair008

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
So one of the sticks worked in the first slot. I have tried the other stick in only 1 other slot. Everything is booted up. Is it common to have just 1 dead stick?

Ill be trying to other stick in different slots. Just wanted to do a quick update :)

Thanks aly

rohair008

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Ok so one of the sticks work. I tried the other one in the same slot and it wouldnt boot up. So it looks like one of the sticks is dead/defective. Thanks a bunch for the help!