Sign in with
Your question

1st build, Help needed with Case i/o install, led's install please!!

Last response: in Systems
February 2, 2011 11:05:19 PM

ok the case is a cooler master haf 922 and the motherboard is an asus formula iv.
everything is going great, first build ever and it ran perfectly on first boot.

BUT

abou the cases i/o like the reset button, power button and led on/off switch.
the on/off switch on the case itself will turn the pc off but wont turn it on, if i want to turn it on i have to hit the start button on the motherboard itself? how can i fix it?

and with the fans and for future fans l.e.d's, where exactly do i install the led's pins for power?
i know its on the mobo but i just connected one fans led pins to an unused pin set, is that alright??

i mean i know my motherboard has cpu fan, cha fan, opt fan and pwr fan (motherboard guide) but what do they all mean besides the cpu fan???

and what do i use them for??

one more question, does the bios have to recognise your gpu? i searched system info but it doesnt come up. and after i installed windows 7 i saw "standard vga graphics adapter" in the windows system information (not 100% sure where i saw it but it wasnt in the bios)

how do i make the pc recognise it? it is a saphire vapor-x 5770 1 gig.

thanks allot i tried to keep it short! :/ 
February 2, 2011 11:18:30 PM

just took a flick through the manual and found out about the led's and the power switch and where to install them.

still stuck about the graphics card tho.

any help on it?
February 2, 2011 11:30:38 PM

First make sure your GPU is connected properly, then instal any drivers that came with it and see how that goes
Related resources
!