jdveterano

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
I am struggling with my first build. I have a Foxconn M61PMV MOBO, and AMD phenom x4 9600 cpu, 550w psu, 500gb hdd and 4gb ram (I have a radeon hd 4830 vid card too, but i don't have that installed right now)

Anyways, I have read the troubleshooting thread and have done all of those things, but still, when I power my new build on, the LEDs work, all the fans work and I can feel/hear the HDD working, but I get NO video signal and can hear NO beeps.

I fear that my psu or MOBO could be DOA, but I don't think that is the case b/c, like I said, the fans work and the HDD gets going too.

Can someone please help? I am just dying to get this bad boy running like I hoped it would.

Hello jdveterano;
Does the motherboard have a beep speaker? If not you might need to get one to attach to the speaker headers.

Motherboard speaker
MSC-BEEPER6.jpg

Have you tried the breadboarding guide that was at the end of the troubleshooting guide? Doing so will help by ruling out a case short.

Are you using the integrated graphics or an add-on graphics card? Some mobos BIOS default to using add-on cards, thus preventing display if you're using the onboard VGA.

The two likely culprits are PSU or GPU, but mobo and CPU aren't completely removed from the table. Now it is time to swap parts. If you can get your hands on known working PSU and GPU, then testing them in your system will determine which of these two parts are failing.

Alternatively, you could take your PSU and GPU (and CPU, if you know someone with a board that supports it) to a friends computer and test your parts on his/her rig.