I still want to make a Sandy Bridge build...

cha0ss0ldier

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Even with the known flaw I want to make a SB build. I already have all of the parts besides the CPU/MOBO and I don't feel like sitting on them for 2+ months. I really don't have a rig now so I need one. Plus the ASUS mobos have 4 sata 6GB/s slots on them that aren't affected and I'll never use more SATA devices than that anyway.

So the point of this thread is.... Does anybody know of anywhere that is still selling the CPU/MOBO besides ebay. I figured we would see some retailers selling the old board with disclaimers or something but nothing yet. Any word on Brick/Mortar stores still selling them?

cha0ss0ldier

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
According to Microcenter's website they are still selling the processors just not the boards. I wish I lived near one. I'd be happy to pay $190 bucks for the processor and just ebay a board.

tarlyn

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Amazon still has the Asus Sabertooth board for sale...looks to have pulled all the rest....I hurried and ordered it with the 2500k last night as I have been waiting to build this comp for months and wasnt willing to wait until May to do it.

My friend did the same thing this morning...havent checked since then if its still available or not.

Rob116

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
I got my P8P67 Pro mb. an a 2600k cpu from micro center it was worth it !! in eight weeks a get a replacement MB. i would wait eight weeks if you can.

lavitz1125

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
A what at the last comment.

I ordered mine minutes before my site blocked it. There still sending it so I'm happy. Still going to so the whole recall thing in April or when ever the recall is. Ugh the one time I go with new tech

All the major UK sellers started selling again today but with this warning
"**Please note**
Intel Sandybridge P67 and H67 Motherboards SATA issue. The issue has been raised that devices connected to SATA Ports 2-5 may degrade over time.Devices connected to SATA ports 0 and 1 are not affected and can be used as normal. There is NO issue with Sandybridge Processors, only P67 and H67 Motherboards are potentially affected."
It does not mention if they if they can be RMAed later or not.

aardwolf

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008

Considering that the manufacturers are saying they'll replace them, I wouldn't think there would be a problem. If you have doubts, I imagine you could call the hotline for the manufacturer of the motherboard you might purchase.

a2love

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Still, I would be weary of some retails putting the *Buyer beware* clause on the board and not accepting a return, or charging weird fees. Most recalls will be handled through the retailers, not ASUS directly in my case. However, if your retailer is being a jerk you could always skip the middleman... but I have no idea how that process would work.

TRENDING THREADS