Solved

PSU Recommendation - 750w or 850w

Here's my setup:

CPU: i5-2500k
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev. 3
RAM: G.Skill 8GB (4GBx2) 1333 DDR3
GPU: MSI Hawk GTX 460 1GB
HDD: WD Blue 500GB 6Gb/s SATA

I might SLI my GTX 460 in the future, and I was wondering if I should go with the Corsair TX750 or the TX850, they are a difference of $20.

TX750 ($105):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

TX850 ($125):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139022

I'm thinking the TX850 might be a little overkill, but I wanted to get your guy's opinion.

-Leetsauce
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recommendation 750w 850w
  1. Best answer
    Either one will work well for you. No question about that. Take a look at Corsair's modular PSUs; like the HX-750, HX-850. Better for cable management resulting in better air flow and lower temps.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011 (I have this PSU)
  2. Ubrales said:
    Either one will work well for you. No question about that. Take a look at Corsair's modular PSUs; like the HX-750, HX-850. Better for cable management resulting in better air flow and lower temps.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011 (I have this PSU)


    I considered those, although they're just a little bit over what I'd like to spend on a PSU.

    Also they appear to be slightly longer then the average PSU, which means it would scrunch up things in my case even more.

    What case did you fit your 850HX into?
  3. Leetsauce said:
    I considered those, although they're just a little bit over what I'd like to spend on a PSU.

    Also they appear to be slightly longer then the average PSU, which means it would scrunch up things in my case even more.

    What case did you fit your 850HX into?

    My HX-850 is in a HAF 932 case (huge) - My hardware is listed in my profile.
  4. Ubrales said:
    My HX-850 is in a HAF 932 case (huge) - My hardware is listed in my profile.


    Oh yeah, the HAF 932 is a MASSIVE case. I'll be going with the CM Storm Scout myself, so I'm thinking a standard size PSU should fit my needs just fine.

    Thanks for the suggestion though!
  5. Leetsauce said:
    Oh yeah, the HAF 932 is a MASSIVE case. I'll be going with the CM Storm Scout myself, so I'm thinking a standard size PSU should fit my needs just fine.

    Thanks for the suggestion though!

    Yes, the CM Storm Scout is a great case! You will love it!
  6. Best answer selected by Leetsauce.
  7. Thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product