Sign in with
Your question

New build, CPU FAN very very noisy

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • New Build
Last response: in CPUs
May 3, 2011 1:04:33 AM

Hi, I just assembled my new rig. But I am very concerned about the CPU fan noise. It's extremely noisy, I haven't installed the OS yet but in the bios it shows an average of 1300 rpm and for a cpu temperature 62 C / 145 F . Is that normal ?

My config is
- Intel Core i5 2500K
- ASUS P8P67 pro
- Coolermaster Haf 922
- Corsair XMS3 CMP4GX3M2A1600C8 Dominator 4GB
- PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750HX
- HD6950 2GB

Thank you for your help.

More about : build cpu fan very noisy

a c 123 à CPUs
May 3, 2011 2:14:31 AM

nope thats a bit to high... remove the cooler and check the paste, check for bent blades.check you have connected the cooler to the rite power connector for the cpu fan.. if there is paste on it and its in good order, ei no hairs or dust, replace the cooler and use a rotating motion left and right to work out any air bubbles that may be trapped. 1s you start feeling the cooler resist lock it down. lock it down evenly if its a click lock. go top left, bottom right, top right, bottom left. if its screw down tighten all the screws till you feel them resist and move to the next 1 and so on. then fully tighten them in the same corer to corner fashion.
m
l
May 3, 2011 2:50:15 AM

Thank you for the answer. I know hardware can be capricious .... After having dismantled 4 times and checking everything, now it runs smoothly and temperature is at 55. Noise is gone but I wonder if the temperature isn't a bit too hight for cpu activity...
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2011 3:41:21 AM

The BIOS warms the CPU up more than you would expect. Have you installed Windows yet? Does it idle lower in Windows?
m
l
!