Upgrading ASUS ATI EAH5770 CuCore, budget 300€ = 400$

Stocky1984

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week

BUDGET RANGE: USD400-EUR300

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, especially full racesimulators like LFS and Iracing, so racing games as a whole (so i need a quick response card for fast movements) as well as shooting games like GTA IV, movies in the best full HD possible. I have a Samsung Syncmaster 206BW monitor right now which is no full HD, that's why I ordered me a new BenQ XL2410T 120Hz full HD gaming monitor (120hz is what I need in these racing simulators) but that monitor is brand new on the market so I have to wait 2 weeks extra for that to deliver at my dealer.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ASUS ATI EAH5770 CuCore 1GB and Cooler Master Real Power 520W PSU (so I need a card which is not too power greedy). I bought this PSU 6 months ago and it was a little expensive so I hope this 520W is enough for such graphic card budget ranges.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Intel I7 920, 6GB RAM, MoBo: Asus P6T SE, i don't have any extra cooling in my case, I just leave the case open all time for cooling.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I order all my PC parts on a dutch site (www.4launch.nl) which has fair prices and it's only a 40minute drive from my place.

PARTS PREFERENCES: PCI-e off course but on the manufacturer side hmmm I dont know actually. My previous 2 cards were ATI and I had some problems with both of them so I think I'm going for Nvidia this time unless there's an ATI out there that's just better in that budget range and more stable. And I've read somewhere that Nvidia is less power greedy but I could be wrong.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe (I don't have much experience with overclocking

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920×1080 @ 120Hz

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just want to get the best for my new BenQ 120Hz LED Gaming Monitor, the XL2410T. A good stable graphic card for racing and shooting games, not too power greedy, and the best FULL HD settings for movies available!

Thank you!