James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
hello everyone :hello:

I'm getting into research mode for my Bulldozer build, and yes I do know it's a little bit early, but since I will be leaving for navy boot camp in july (I like to research my builds and/or parts ahead of time to try and avoid problems), I want to be ready to buy when i come back.

So here's the problem; This will actually be my first time buying a case, I'm unsure what are good value cases and what are ones to avoid :heink:.

However there are a couple things I want in the case.
1. Dust filters, as i live in a very dusty environment
2. is able to fit crossfire or sli graphic solutions
3. has plenty of air flow.
note: A side window is optional

I know it's a good idea that if you can reuse a part, do so, but I'm seriously tired of cleaning my case weekly, sometimes twice a week. And there's also the fact that my case can barely fit 10 inch gfx cards so there's not a whole lot of room for upgrades in the future :(

any suggestions and/or ideas are welcomed, please and thank you.

Solution

Which special hard drives do you have..?? I do own a RV02 and though I currently have only one video card and two hard drives in it, I see enough space to install atleast another one.. There are articles which suggest that more than two video cards can be installed without any issue..
Without a budget, anyone who reads your query is going to suggest a Silverstone Fortress FT02.. Failing that, a Silverstone Raven RV02.. Going still lower on the price point, take a look at the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced and the Enforcer..

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Hmmm, I didn't state my budget did I? Ops. Well, I'm trying keep my build within the $2000 price tag so I'd say maybe $200.....hold on let me do a quick check.........yeah about $200, no more. reason being is I'm trying to keep room in the budget for the mobo, ram and cpu ($600 min) as I haven't been able to pick those out yet. yeesh, I just realized how much of my budget the Gfx cards (sli'd gtx 570s) and psu are eating :heink: :pfff:. now excuse me I'm off to do some readjusting of my parts, oh what fun :bounce: .

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
You should be able to find a FT02 for about 200 on sale and you can definitely find and RV02 for that much.

Best aircooled cases out there, positive pressure with easy to clean dust filters and lots of room. Definitely your best bet.

ivork

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
I have an Antec Twelve Hundred, cleaning the dust filters is a MAJOR pain. Not sure if they've changed that on later revisions. It is a very good case though with lots of space, fans and great air flow.

Petey1013

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
The RV03 is alright, but I think the RV02 still performs better and seems to have more room and less issues.

It's a little on the expensive side, but it's quiet, can't be beat as far as air cooling goes and it's fairly easy with cable management

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010

after going through a couple of unboxing vids on youtube I found a flaw, that I do not like, with the RV02. My hard drive may prevent me from installing a second graphic card which i plan on doing with this build

Which special hard drives do you have..?? I do own a RV02 and though I currently have only one video card and two hard drives in it, I see enough space to install atleast another one.. There are articles which suggest that more than two video cards can be installed without any issue..

Solution

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010

okay I'll bit, explain your reason behind this quickly otherwise I'll just consider you were just trolling

srg2412

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Cooler Master HAF X, fits your $200 budget, beastly sized, so room is no problem, and comes with 4 BIG fans, and, it even has a window :)

Thanks in advance for your future service to our country. Good luck!

srg