Status
Not open for further replies.

gougeface

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Hello, I'm looking for a good graphic card for gaming.
My budget is $250
Resolution is 1600x900 max on my 22" asus monitor.
I plan to play a lot of all the new games and many more to come.
I don't plan to xfire anytime soon so I just want one good overall graphic card.
Once I get a bigger monitor and want better resolution then I will xfire.
Right now I don't care if its nvidia or ATI because I'm looking at the hawk talon 460 which can be overclock past 470 and almost reach 480 stock so for $214 thats not bad but I want experts opinion.

and yes i do know xfire and sli are different things but like i said adding 2 GPU is not on my list just yet.

Solution
Are you going to be running an Eyefinity setup now or in the future?
If you can't wait go with a 6870 or a really good deal on a 58xx series card.
But the best thing to do it seems is to wait till the new cards come out,who knows by then you might have enough money to buy one of the new 69xx series.

4745454b

Titan
For $250 your best bet is going to be the 5870 if you can find one on sale. If not, then the GTX470 or 6870 is the next best thing.

Keep in mind that clock speed doesn't mean jack. You might be able to clock a GTX460 up to GTX480 speeds, but due to the lack of memory and shaders it will still perform worse. It's like claiming that because you clocked your Q6600 up to the speed of the i7 950 that they perform the same.

gougeface

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

yea I'm looking at the msi twin frozr what you think?

Are you going to be running an Eyefinity setup now or in the future?
If you can't wait go with a 6870 or a really good deal on a 58xx series card.
But the best thing to do it seems is to wait till the new cards come out,who knows by then you might have enough money to buy one of the new 69xx series.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS